ChangYou announces Renaissance Heroes
Renaissance Heroes has been announced by ChangYou, publishers of Dragon Oath and Sword Girls.
Renaissance Heroes (once known as DaVinci Online, and developed by Bridea, creators of Huxley) is a first-person shooter, set in an alternate-universe world of 16th century Renaissance Europe. Utilizing the Unreal Engine 3, Renaissance Heroes will support up to 12 players per match, a ranking system, playable heroes, over 100 achievements, and Renaissance-inspired weaponry. The game promises to offer “old school, arena-styled FPS gameplay.”
Closed beta is expected to launch this summer.
Renaissance Heroes Gameplay Screenshot
ChangYou (US) Announces Renaissance Heroes
Fast-paced Online FPS Set in 16th Century Brings Back Classic Multiplayer Action
SANTA CLARA, CA (May 3, 2012) – ChangYou.com (US) Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of ChangYou.com Ltd. (NASDAQ: CYOU) and a leading publisher of online interactive entertainment in North America, today announced Renaissance Heroes, a brand new online multiplayer first-person shooter (FPS). The game is set in the beautifully re-imagined world of the 16th century Renaissance Europe, and is expected to launch its closed beta phase in summer 2012.
ChangYou is teaming up with Bridea, the creative minds behind Huxley, to bring Renaissance Heroes to FPS fans in North America. The game, previously known as “DaVinci Online,” combines classic multiplayer action with unparalleled visual realism powered by the Unreal Engine 3 technology to deliver the fun of fast-action shooters to a new generation of gamers. Renaissance Heroes invites players of all skill levels to experience the adrenaline-pumping action coupled with easy accessibility in a completely free to play environment later this year.
“We’re excited to be collaborating with Bridea on Renaissance Heroes,” said Dirk Metzger, VP of Publishing at ChangYou.com (US), Inc. “The team understands what it takes to create an awesome online multiplayer action game, and Renaissance Heroes represents the kind of unique, quality free-to-play games ChangYou is committed to publishing in the North American market.”
“Renaissance Heroes is all about old school, arena-styled FPS gameplay,” said Michael Powers, Senior Producer at ChangYou.com (US), Inc. “Whether you’re a long-time FPS player or just looking for a great, fun way to blow off steam, this game offers all the intense action of the classic shooters.”
Renaissance Heroes takes place in an alternative history in which famed inventor Leonardo da Vinci has created a machine that could change the world. In the wake of his death, the plans for the mysterious invention have been scattered, and warring factions vie to claim them. Features of the game include:
- The beautifully re-imagined world of the 16th century Renaissance period powered by the advanced Unreal Engine 3 technology with characters, weaponry and locales all elegantly designed to reflect the regal atmosphere of the time.
- Competitive multiplayer environments of up to 12 players, including popular game modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag. The game features a comprehensive ranking system as well as over 100 unlockable achievements!
- A roster of playable heroes, each with their own unique visuals and abilities to suit different play styles.
- An arsenal of over a dozen of Renaissance-inspired weaponry familiar to any FPS fan. Snipe opponents from a distance with the crossbow or crush them at close range with a battle hammer.
- Enhanced A.I. bots, in-game currency and experience reward system provide challenges to level up your character.
For more information on Renaissance Heroes and to sign up for the upcoming closed beta test, please visit the official website at www.RenaissanceHeroes.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Neverwinter to Showcase at PAX East and Reveals Exclusive Mount
- Special surprises are in store for Neverwinter Founders and PAX East attendees.
- TERA x Attack on Titan Collaboration Invades TERA PC in May
- En Masse Entertainment and Kodansha are teaming up to create a TERA x Attack on Titan Crossover on May 15th for TERA on PC.