CCP Games Announces EVE: Valkyrie
CCP Games, the leading independent developer of massively multiplayer online games, today announced it has begun development of EVE: Valkyrie, a multiplayer spaceship dogfighting shooter set in the EVE Universe. The game uses virtual reality to give players the sense of being a real pilot in an EVE Online spaceship and will be released in 2014.
EVE: Valkyrie is the evolution of “EVE-VR,” the amazing virtual reality tech demo that debuted at EVE Fanfest 2013 and went on to win numerous awards at E3 2013 — including “Game of E3 2013” by PC Gamer and “Most Innovative” by IGN. The game will be developed at the company’s Newcastle studio.
“From the moment this year’s Fanfest attendees first got their hands on EVE-VR, the question has been, ‘When can I have this?’,” said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. “What started as a passion project by a small, incredibly talented group of CCP developers became one of the most highly anticipated games of the year — before we even announced it. We have big plans for EVE: Valkyrie and I can’t wait to share more details later this year.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Outspark Announces new MMORPG - Erebus: Travia Reborn
- Erebus: Travia Reborn announced by Outspark. The game is a 3D Fantasy MMORPG with a heavy emphasis on PvP combat. The game is a remake of Trav...
- Alteil Horizons Offers Detailed Plans in Kickstarter Update
- Indie developer Apocoplay has released a clear vision of their goals for the innovative iTCG, Alteil Horizons. Not only do they lay out the fo...
- Heavy Metal Machines 'Metal League Finals' Take Place This Weekend
- Heavy Metal Machines' latest tournament, "Metal League 5" will take place this weekend, with 5,000 USD on the line.