Bohemia Interactive opens €500,000 “Make Arma Not War” contest
Bohemia Interactive, creators of the critically acclaimed Arma™ series and DayZ™, have opened applications for the €500,000 Make Arma Not War content creation contest for Arma 3.
The Make Arma Not War contest, which was announced in December, welcomes Arma 3 content creators to compete in four different categories: Total Modification, Singleplayer Game Mode, Multiplayer Game Mode, and Addon. The winner of the Total Modification category will take home €200,000, while in the other categories the prize money is divided between 1st place (€50,000), 2nd place (€30,000), and 3rd place (€20,000) winners. In collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Bohemia Interactive is also handing out the Health Care in Danger Special Award.
Although the winners in each category will be chosen by a jury, consisting of Bohemia Interactive representatives and other industry professionals, Arma 3 players will be able to ‘vote’ in the Singleplayer category. These votes will determine the 20 finalists in the Singleplayer category.
On top of voting, people can also ‘support’ their favorite entry, which is similar to the thumbs-up functionality on other websites. Those who support an entry, receive a Make Arma Not war forums badge and a 30% discount voucher for Arma 3 on Store.bistudio.com – while contestants whose entry reaches a certain number of supporters can earn Contest Milestone Rewards. These rewards range from exclusive forum badges to increased visibility on www.makearma.com and the Arma 3 social channels – with more rewards being added later.
<em>”This is the first real milestone for contestants, which also provides them with a platform to showcase their work”</em>, said Ivan Buchta, Creative Director at Bohemia Interactive. <em>”And based on the first promising teasers we’ve seen, I’d say Arma 3 players will have a lot to look forward to.”</em>
For more info, visit <a href=”http://www.makearma.com/apply”>http://www.makearma.com/apply</a>
Articles You May Enjoy
- Infestation: Survivor Stories Surpasses One Million Users
- P Productions, a leading publisher of massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs), announced today that more than 1.3 million players worldwide...
- Blizzard Cancels Project Titan
- It was a bit of a surprise to discover, today, that Blizzard's officially cancelled Titan.
- Arma 3 Free Weekend on Steam reinforces Make Arma Not War contest
- In support of the Make Arma Not War contest, Arma 3 will be available to play for free this weekend on Steam (October 23rd – 27th), and can ...