BlizzCon 2015 Details Announced
Get ready for two days of nonstop Blizzard gaming with a few thousand of your closest friends. Blizzard Entertainment today announced that its ninth BlizzCon® will be turning the Anaheim Convention Center into community central for all Blizzard games on Friday, November 6 and Saturday, November 7, with tickets going on sale in two batches on April 15 and April 18.
“There’s no better way to connect with the ever-expanding Blizzard community than by bringing everyone together at BlizzCon,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “With more games in development than ever before, we’ll have plenty of exciting updates to share and lots of great eSports competition to look forward to—we can’t wait to see everyone there.”
BlizzCon is an epic celebration of Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes and the global player communities that bring them to life. At this year’s event, attendees will have a chance to enjoy:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global Finals for Blizzard eSports, including the StarCraft® II World Championship Series and Hearthstone® World Championship
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
Tickets to attend BlizzCon 2015 will be priced at $199 USD (plus applicable taxes and fees) each and will be available for purchase from the online event ticketing service Eventbrite via their website (www.blizzcon2015.eventbrite.com ) in two separate batches. The first batch goes on sale at 3 am BST on Thursday, 16 April, and the second batch goes on sale at 6 pm BST on Saturday, 18 April.
An exclusive pre-BlizzCon dinner to benefit Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) will also be held the evening of Thursday, November 5, giving attendees the chance to eat, drink, and be merry alongside Blizzard developers, artists, and community representatives while supporting a great cause. Further details on the BlizzCon Benefit Dinner, including ticket pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.
Anyone looking to enjoy BlizzCon from the comfort of their own home will once again have the option to order a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, offering comprehensive live coverage of the event via a multichannel online stream. Further details on the Virtual Ticket, including pricing, availability, and programming information, will be announced at a later date.
For more information on BlizzCon 2015, visit the official website (www.blizzcon.com ). Additional details will be posted as the event draws near. Those interested in attending the show in person can make advance hotel reservations now and receive special BlizzCon rates by booking through the BlizzCon hotel website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legends of Aria Begins Closed Beta and Founder Pack Sale
- Citadel Studios announced today that the first Closed Beta test for their upcoming MMORPG, Legends of Aria is here.
- Trion Worlds Halloween Events for 2018
- One of the biggest parts of playing online games is taking part in the various holiday/themed events that go on throughout the year.
- Carte officially launches
- GamesCampus has officially launched its newest game, Carte.