BlizzCon 2014’s Championships to be held at Burbank Studios
ESL TV Studios and Anaheim Convention Center to host Blizzard Entertainment’s year-end eSports World Championships
(Los Angeles, United States) September 19, 2014 – ESL, the world’s largest independent eSports brand, is proud to announce that they will be working with Blizzard Entertainment on BlizzCon® 2014’s World Championship Opening Weekend (October 31st – November 2nd), which will be housed in the ESL TV Studios in Burbank, CA (United States).
Set to feature the broadest selection of games to date, BlizzCon 2014 will this year see action played out across two weekends for the first time in the event’s history. Acting as a precursor to the main event, the World Championship Opening Weekend will feature qualification rounds for BlizzCon’s prestigious World of Warcraft®, StarCraft® II and Hearthstone® World Championships.
“Having worked closely with Blizzard Entertainment for many years now, we are very happy to host the BlizzCon World Championship Opening Weekend at our ESL studio,” said Craig Levine, Vice President of ESL America. “We’ve built a world class eSports venue and we’re excited to kickoff one of the biggest eSports events of the year!”
BlizzCon itself will be held at the Convention Center in Anaheim (CA, United States) from November 7th -8th. It will feature the best gamers from all around the world battling it out for a combined total of over US$750,000 in one of the most important eSports competitions of the year. In addition to the World Championship Opening Weekend, ESL will also move on to handle the production of the eSports stages at BlizzCon 2014.
For a breakdown of the eSports competition (both in the lead-up to and throughout BlizzCon 2014), please visit www.blizzcon.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Camelot Unchained: Survey results and Q&A session today
- City State Entertainment is regaining their breath after their BSC days recently, and If you happened to miss any of it you can catch up both ...
- ArcheAge: Livestream Series Annouced By XLGames; Starts Today
- XLGames has recently announced that they will be hosting a new Livestream series called Exploring ArcheAge.
- World of Warships: Legends Celebrates A Million Users with 'Hunt for Atlanta' Campaign
- World of Warships: Legends from Wargaming, is proud to announce it broke a million users.