Blackwake: New navel FPS announced
Blackwake is a multiplayer team based shooter centered around naval battles for PC and Mac. Set during the Age of Sail, Blackwake focuses largely on team based tactics and overall cooperation. Organizing a ship broadside, assisting your captain in navigating various weather conditions, or just being part of the gun crew – there are many roles to be filled in this shooter.
Blackwake was created in August 2013 as a side project of Dakota’s. Development took a back seat until support began to grow and it was clear this was an idea worth risking. Tyler joined development in September after offering to help with art, and now does the majority of art assets for Blackwake. The goal of Blackwake is to make you feel as if the player is actually part of the crew rather than commanding AI or playing from an RTS perspective. The game aims to combine a strong crew experience with a strong sailing experience, bringing more layers of strategy to gameplay. Blackwake takes inspiration from Pirates of the Caribbean (the films), Pirate Ship Wars (Garry’s Mod) and even the old Battlefield Pirates mod.
Blackwake does not plan to do public steam-based early access. “We are against the idea of selling an incomplete game unless we are struggling financially to complete it.”
Release is aimed for Q4 2015-Q2 2016 on PC and OSX
Articles You May Enjoy
- Overhit Adds New Hero Grade in Recent Update
- Overhit dropped a mighty update today, and with it comes the brand new SSR+ Tier.
- Skyforge Adds New PvP/Group Content Ahead of Third Closed Beta Test
- The third closed beta session for Skyforge runs next week beginning on April 22nd at 7am PST and running to May 13th.
- Nival announces Closed Alpha test for Prime Arena
- Prime Arena is an upcoming MOBA on the way to Steam's Early Access system. It's part MOBA and part Survival game, inspired partly by...