Bigpoint Reveals New Information on Universal Monsters Online
Bigpoint announced new details on its upcoming browser-based MOBA, Universal Monsters Online. Players can take on the role of classic Universal Studios monsters such as Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolf Man.
The game features arena-style gameplay, with each of the monsters having their own abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Utilizing the Unity 3D graphics engine, the game will deliver fast-paced combat without needing to download a separate client. Like all other Bigpoint games, Universal Monsters Online will be free-to-play. New characters, character skins, and special abilities will be able to be purchased using in-game currency. Beta testing will begin soon.
Universal Monsters Online Gameplay Screenshot
BIGPOINT SCARES UP MORE DETAILS ABOUT UNIVERSAL MONSTERS ONLINE
Browser-Based Game Lets Players Be Legendary Monsters; Rising Up this Summer
San Francisco – June 12, 2012—Bigpoint today released new information about its anticipated free-to-play (F2P) browser-based title, Universal Monsters Online. The game, which Bigpoint is developing in collaboration with Universal Partnerships & Licensing, will enable players to experience Universal’s iconic cast of classic monsters in a highly-competitive Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) setting.
Taking on the persona of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon – among many other notable monsters from Universal’s rich history – players compete with and against each other in a blend of combat and strategic game play.
Like all Bigpoint titles, Universal Monsters Online will be F2P. In-game currency can be used to purchase items such as new characters (after a free-trial period), unique character skins, and special abilities.
Bigpoint plans to begin closed beta testing shortly, and is now encouraging players to sign-up for early access at: http://www.UniversalMonstersOnline.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- War Thunder: Revenue shared UCC coming soon
- Gaijin Entertainment has announced an exciting new addition to their WWII MMO mega-hit War Thunder with the introduction of its revenue share ...
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Event Launches Today for Marvel Heroes Omega [PS4, Xbox One]
- Gazillion announced today that new content inspired by Spider-Man: Homecoming has arrived for Marvel Heroes Omega on PlayStation 4 and XboxOne
- New Infographic And Community Rewards For Spirit Tales
- KoramGame has released new information and rewards for players of its fantasy MMORPG, Spirit Tales.