Bigpoint Cuts Jobs and US Operations
According to a report from GamesIndustry International, Bigpoint has made a major layoff that includes the shut down of its US operations in San Francisco.
The company told GamesIndustry International that 80 employees in the Hamburg office and more than 40 in the San Francisco office are affected by the decision.
The company will no longer develop games in the US.
“We have seen that developing games in the US is not really the most efficient way for us at the moment,” Hubertz told GamesIndustry International.
“The games that we have developed in the last two years haven’t been that successful, and the San Francisco area and Bay Area is quite a competitive market. San Francisco is, after New York, one of the most expensive cities you can live in in the US, so the people are quite expensive.”
CEO Heiko Hubertz has stated further that no current products would be affected by the staffing decisions, and that Bigpoint will continue to develop new games.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elite: Dangerous Preview
- Elite: Dangerous allows one to become an intergalactic trucker, facing off against pirates as they traverse the galaxy in search of profit.
- World of Warplanes Pre-Launch Preview
- World of Warplanes is the latest project by Wargaming who has also brought us World of Tanks. The game is still in its open beta stage but has...
- Digimon Masters Welcoming New Players
- Joymax, a leading online game developer and publisher of free to play MMORPGs has a special event exclusively aimed at new players for their e...