BattleTech Kickstarter Campaign Begins
Today, indie game studio Harebrained Schemes launched a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign to co-fund development of its highly-anticipated BATTLETECH game for PC.
Jordan Weisman, studio co-founder and creator of the popular BattleTech and MechWarrior franchises, will be leading development of the title alongside Mike McCain, Creative Director of the studio’s much-lauded Shadowrun series.
BATTLETECH will be a turn-based game of tactical ‘Mech combat for PC, Mac, and Linux. On Kickstarter, Harebrained Schemes is asking backers to join them in co-funding the development of the game using a similar approach to what they did with the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter earlier this year.
Harebrained has divided the feature-set for BATTLETECH into four distinct funding stages on Kickstarter, with the first of those stages self-funded by the studio. A detailed description of each BATTLETECH co-funding stage (including an expanded single-player campaign and PVP multiplayer) can be found on the game’s Kickstarter page – along with an exciting variety of physical and digital rewards that are sure to appeal to longtime BattleTech fans.
“Returning to classic BattleTech, particularly the 3025 Succession Wars Era, feels like coming home,” said Weisman. “I’m really happy to join with Kickstarter Backers to create an authentic BattleTech PC game with detailed tactical turn-based ‘Mech combat and a chance to experience an epic game setting that’s endured for over 30 years.”
“This is a passion project for us,” said Mitch Gitelman, co-founder and Studio Manager of Harebrained Schemes and producer of the classic MechCommander series. “Ever since we formed the studio, the team has been itching for a chance to make a BattleTech game and they can’t wait to bring BattleTech’s incredible setting to life. It’s a universe filled with intrigue, cutthroat politics, and fascinating characters. That’s right up our alley.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragonbone Dynasty Entering Open Alpha
- Global games publisher R2Games is launching its latest browser MMORPG title, Dragonbone Dynasty.
- Plan a Visit to Necrosha in X-Men: Battle of the Atom
- Marvel Entertainment, in conjunction with developer PlayNext, has launched the in-game event based on the Necrosha storyline from the comics f...
- Star Trek Online launches European free-to-play
- Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment have officially launched Star Trek Online's free-t0-play model in Europe.