Auto Club Revolution: New Evolution Begins in June
Two years after Auto Club Revolution’s introduction on PC, Eutechnyx today unveiled details of how the free-to-play motorsport experience is entering a new era. Nothing less than a full remodelling, this “2.0” version of the game begins on June 16 with the launch of a Closed Beta to get feedback from its long-time members of the ACR community. Select new players in various regions worldwide will also be admitted in stages. Oculus Rift functionality is deep in development and is currently in early experimental tests – a full ACR game will be playable when the new VR hardware is released to initial backers this Fall.
“We’ve spent two years laying the foundation of an authentic community-driven game for fans of automotive culture. We have hundreds of thousands of players worldwide that motivate us to push the ACR experience even further, and now we are bringing the best ideas to fruition.” says Dave Thompson, Development Director of ACR.
Already featuring over 50 of the world’s leading manufactured cars like McLaren, BMW, Ford and Bentley, a wide range of new manufacturers and car models have been added to the virtual line-up (such as RUF and Maserati), new interiors are to be added to boost the stunning level of detail. Fresh bespoke audio and engine sounds have also been reproduced to deliver an authentic sound experience for full player immersion. Players will now be able to create a 360 degree garage to admire their collection. Vehicle physics have been overhauled to not only enhance realism but also competitive fun.
Accessibility has been a key emphasis of ACR 2.0 – now only a single download is needed to jump into the action and start interacting with the community.“Our new single client is designed to make a bigger and better splash, pushing the quality of content and integrating new technologies that will further enhance player interaction. We have exciting times ahead of us and we can’t wait to share it with all our players. We strive to deliver content players want by providing a first-class, free-to-play online racing experience however possible,” says Dave Thompson.
For more info, visit http://www.autoclubrevolution.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sony Online Entertainment Announces Four-Fold Shut Down
- Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) delivers game service shut-down news for Wizardry, Vanguard, Star Wars: Clone Adventures, and Free Realms.
- Elsword Powers Up Henrir's Challenges in new Space and Time Update
- Today KOG Games, publisher of the hit free-to-play action MMORPG, Elsword, lets the baddest of the bad run rampant in the new Elsword update: ...
- Siegelord Closed Beta Launches December 16
- 37Games is excited to announce you that Siegelord, the first real-time SLG will be available on December 16th!