Ascent: The Space Game 60% Funded, Introduces New Space Station Design
With 11 days to go, the space MMO *Ascent: The Space Game* has now reached 60 percent in funding — $21,291 out of $35,000 (Australian dollars).
Developed by James Hicks and Chris Mitchell of Fluffy Kitten Studios, Ascent offers unprecedented depth and scale for an independent game—with 270 billion star systems, ship customization, colonies, asteroid mining, player-driven voting system, trade, and much more. To date, the developers have spent more than $70,000 out of pocket to fund the project.
(Yes, this is a space MMO developed by 2 guys [only 1 programmer] for well under $100,000!)
A redesigned space station has also now been added to the game! You can see it above, and get a comparison in the gallery here. Along with redesigned ships, the new space station is a great example of the work done by George Karandais. Reaching the Kickstarter goal will allow Fluffy Kitten to hire George full-time to revamp all the graphics/art in Ascent.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rising Generals to be demo'd at E3
- During E3 2014, the German publisher will demo cross-platform gameplay across iOS-, Android- and browser-based devices.
- Echo of Soul Open Beta Begins Today
- Free-to-play fantasy MMORPG Echo of Soul has just kicked off its Open Beta test, Aeria Games announced today.
- LEGO Minifigures Online now Available on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android
- Funcom today announced that LEGO® Minifigures Online, an online adventure for LEGO fans of all ages, is now available.