Ascent: The Space Game 60% Funded, Introduces New Space Station Design
With 11 days to go, the space MMO *Ascent: The Space Game* has now reached 60 percent in funding — $21,291 out of $35,000 (Australian dollars).
Developed by James Hicks and Chris Mitchell of Fluffy Kitten Studios, Ascent offers unprecedented depth and scale for an independent game—with 270 billion star systems, ship customization, colonies, asteroid mining, player-driven voting system, trade, and much more. To date, the developers have spent more than $70,000 out of pocket to fund the project.
(Yes, this is a space MMO developed by 2 guys [only 1 programmer] for well under $100,000!)
A redesigned space station has also now been added to the game! You can see it above, and get a comparison in the gallery here. Along with redesigned ships, the new space station is a great example of the work done by George Karandais. Reaching the Kickstarter goal will allow Fluffy Kitten to hire George full-time to revamp all the graphics/art in Ascent.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mighty Party Now Available on Steam
- Panoramik Inc. has announced that its online card collectable RPG, Mighty Party, is now available on Steam.
- Elemental Kingdoms Review
- Elemental Kingdoms is Perfect World Entertainment Inc.’s first foray into the mobile market where you get to battle in a “modified” CCG...
- Hockey Dash Open Beta Begins June 3
- Hockey Dash from OGPlanet begins its open beta on June 3. There will be no more character wipes after open beta to release.