Ascent: The Space Game 60% Funded, Introduces New Space Station Design
With 11 days to go, the space MMO *Ascent: The Space Game* has now reached 60 percent in funding — $21,291 out of $35,000 (Australian dollars).
Developed by James Hicks and Chris Mitchell of Fluffy Kitten Studios, Ascent offers unprecedented depth and scale for an independent game—with 270 billion star systems, ship customization, colonies, asteroid mining, player-driven voting system, trade, and much more. To date, the developers have spent more than $70,000 out of pocket to fund the project.
(Yes, this is a space MMO developed by 2 guys [only 1 programmer] for well under $100,000!)
A redesigned space station has also now been added to the game! You can see it above, and get a comparison in the gallery here. Along with redesigned ships, the new space station is a great example of the work done by George Karandais. Reaching the Kickstarter goal will allow Fluffy Kitten to hire George full-time to revamp all the graphics/art in Ascent.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Armored Warfare World on Fire Backstory Teased
- The world in which Armored Warfare takes place is the same as ours, but with economic and political chaos.
- Fantasy War Tactics Mobile Interview w/ Director Lee
- Earlier in June I had a chance to speak with Jungkeun Lee on the next big mobile game to head our way from Nexon's new mobile gaming focu...
- Ship of Heroes - New Villain Group & Magical Lore
- Today, Ship of Heroes announced the fourth villainous group in their upcoming Superhero MMORPG: The Red Sigil.