ARMA 3: New Addon Catergory Added for “Make Arma, Not War” contest
Bohemia Interactive today opened the Addon category for their €500,000 Make Arma Not War content creation contest for Arma 3. This means people can now send in their applications for each contest category. While the other categories (Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Total Modifiction) had already launched, the Addon category was delayed until Arma 3’s support for Steam Workshop addons had been implemented.
The Make Arma Not War contest, which was announced in December, welcomes Arma 3 content creators to compete in four different categories: Total Modification, Singleplayer Game Mode, Multiplayer Game Mode, and Addon. The winner of the Total Modification category will take home €200,000, while in the other categories the prize money is divided between 1st place (€50,000), 2nd place (€30,000), and 3rd place (€20,000) winners. In collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Bohemia Interactive is also handing out the Health Care in Danger Special Award.
Although the winners in each category will be chosen by a jury, consisting of Bohemia Interactive representatives and other industry professionals, Arma 3 players will be able to ‘vote’ in the Singleplayer category. These votes will determine the 20 finalists in the Singleplayer category.
On top of voting, people can also ‘support’ their favorite entry, which is similar to the thumbs-up functionality on other websites. Those who support an entry, receive a Make Arma Not war forums badge and a 30% discount voucher for Arma 3 on Store.bistudio.com – while contestants whose entry reaches a certain number of supporters can earn Contest Milestone Rewards.
To apply, contestants should go to www.makearma.com/apply and start the application process. The deadline for applications is set on October 26th, 2014. The winners of the Make Arma Not War contest will be announced on January 15th, 2015.
Articles You May Enjoy
- MU Online Reveals Series of Halloween Themed Events
- It’s going to be one busy month for players in Webzen’s longstanding MMORPG juggernaut, MU Online! Here’s the breakdown so you don’t m...
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Goes Officially Free-to-Play
- Bioware has announced the official launch of the free-to-play option for Star Wars: The Old Republic begins today, November 15, 2012.
- E3 2014 Recap – CineMagic
- The concept of CineMagic is pretty plain. Play a match-3 style mobile game in the vein of Bejeweled and all the others that came before it. Do...