ARK: Survival Evolved Surpasses 2 Million Units Sold
Studio Wildcard is excited to announce today that its expansive survival-adventure ARK: Survival Evolved has now sold more than two million units on Steam, with more survivors joining the Jurassic journey every day.
To celebrate this sales milestone and to offer survivors a chance to talk with the team, Studio Wildcard is hosting a Developer AMA on Reddit with @ArkJesse right now on /r/games! Watch your AMA feed for the link: #playARK.
ARK also has an ongoing Halloween event. You can find out more about the event here.
Since its wildly popular launch in June 2015, ARK: Survival Evolved has exploded dramatically and rapidly in real estate, reach, and units sold.
- Every week, at least one new dinosaur is added to expand the exotic fauna in the game.
- Two weeks ago, ARK expanded significantly by adding two new biomes, snow and swamp, greatly increasing the scope and type of real estate and adding complexity to the environment and AI behavior.
- And most significantly Studio Wildcard over the last two months has built out a massive competitive aspect to the game and is in the third phase of its Survival of the Fittest competition, “The Last Stand,” featuring more than 230 players and $60,000 in prizes, throwing the survival-adventure title into the competitive e-sports field with a whole new twist.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC, Reckoning, Announced
- Reckoning features four all-new maps, the return of the Exo Grapple playlist, and the thrilling conclusion to Exo Zombies.
- Heroes of the Storm: New Hero, Battleground and Team League
- Blizzard has announced that the new patch for Heroes of the Storm will go live later today and includes a ton of great updates.
- Pax Prime 2015 Day 3 Recap
- Ragachak here, offering you the biggest and most interesting developments to come out of Seattle at Pax Prime 2015!