ARK: Survival Evolved Roars Onto Early Access
Video game developer Studio Wildcard is proud to reawaken the world’s primordial desires to play with dinosaurs in the open-world adventure game ARK: Survival Evolved. Launching today on Steam Early Access, players can now dive into this dynamic ecosystem where they will craft weapons, clothing, and tools, build multi-story houses, join and commune with other tribes, and tame, train and ride dinosaurs.
ARK: Survival Evolved is now available on Steam Early Access for the launch discount price of $24.99 (retail $29.99).
ARK takes on the survival genre with a unique blend of emergent multiplayer cooperation and competition. Players awake naked and starving on the beach of a mysterious island among a herd of other confused humans. They immediately discover that going it alone is a dangerous hardship. Those who work together will quickly learn there is power in numbers. What is the secret to survival? Each person must contribute to the collective effort: hunt, harvest resources, craft tools, research technology, and build shelters to protect against scorching days, freezing dark nights, volatile weather systems, ferocious wildlife, and lurking predators.
The open-world design of ARK is so big, mysterious, and filled with revelations that gamers will constantly be adapting and learning about its seemingly endless content. This includes a deep level of customization from the very beginning in the character creation screen, enabling highly unique features, from the herculean to the intensely bizarre. Players can:
- Join a tribe, plant renewable crops and build an entirely functioning village with a sustainable economy
- Train and level up “pet” dinosaurs to carry allies, inventory and equipment
- Increase levels by experiencing the varied elements that the island has to offer
- Sneak up on unsuspecting survivors, render them unconscious, then steal their gear
- Grab a ringside seat to watch dinosaurs battle to the death
- Maintain individual health by searching out meat sources, plant types, and drinkable water, or starve
- Craft clothing to protect yourself from extreme weather conditions or freeze to death
- Build a deluxe, multi-story house that includes ramps, beams, gates, remote gates, trapdoors, water pipes and faucets, generators, wires, electrical devices and more
ARK: Survival Evolved will launch in summer 2016 on PlayStation®4 with Project Morpheus support, Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program, and Steam, including Oculus Rift VR support and a thorough integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. Players will also be able to host private/LAN servers, and have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal 4 Editor for creating mods. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expanding.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wreck It Week Swings In For Hailan Rising
- Over $500 in prizes awaits the first three players to crash Hailan Rising servers during "Wreck it Week" open beta.
- Shotgun News 12/3: FFXIV, Path of Exile, Tribal Wars 2, and More!
- A blast of the lastest MMO news.
- Grepolis Gains US Server
- InnoGames has launched an official U.S. specific server for its strategy game Grepolis.