ARK: Survival Evolved Enlists NVIDIA GameWorks
Studio Wildcard announced today that it is working with NVIDIA GameWorks Studios to add stunning special effects to the upcoming open-world dinosaur survival game ARK: Survival Evolved. Working together, both NVIDIA and Studio Wildcard will optimize the experience for PC-gamers, Virtual Reality (VR) and integrate NVIDIA GameWorks technologies.
“When we first got a look at ARK: Survival Evolved, we we’re instantly hooked. Riding Dinosaurs while shooting guns, enough said,” stated Dane Johnston, GameWorks content manager, NVIDIA. “The team at Studio Wildcard has created a uniquely challenging world and we’re incredibly excited to be working hand in hand to enhance the PC experience.”
ARK: Survival Evolved is powered by Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), so Studio WildCard is using custom UE4 branches on GitHub to easily integrate GameWorks technologies into its game and deliver drastic image quality or visual effects improvements in a very short period of time. GitHub is a popular Web-based Git repository hosting service used in the game development industry to share code.
“ARK looks better and is more immersive thanks to NVIDIA GameWorks,” said Jesse Rapczak, co-founder and co-creative director, Studio Wildcard. “NVIDIA has made it possible for teams like ours to drop in state-of-the-art, high-quality solutions to tough visual effects problems, which is often the difference between having a feature and not having it at all.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- WildStar Set to Release in 2013
- Carbine Studios has announced that their upcoming sci-fi MMO, WildStar, is set to release some time in 2013.
- Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Raids Beta Announced
- ArenaNet announces Raids beta, Druid elite specialization, and more at TwitchCon.
- Final Fantasy XIV Gunbreaker Class Review
- A strong, silent gaze. Spiky hair. Stylish black leather jacket. And, of course, the gunblade: a sword with a gun attached.