ARK: Survival Evolved Enlists NVIDIA GameWorks
Studio Wildcard announced today that it is working with NVIDIA GameWorks Studios to add stunning special effects to the upcoming open-world dinosaur survival game ARK: Survival Evolved. Working together, both NVIDIA and Studio Wildcard will optimize the experience for PC-gamers, Virtual Reality (VR) and integrate NVIDIA GameWorks technologies.
“When we first got a look at ARK: Survival Evolved, we we’re instantly hooked. Riding Dinosaurs while shooting guns, enough said,” stated Dane Johnston, GameWorks content manager, NVIDIA. “The team at Studio Wildcard has created a uniquely challenging world and we’re incredibly excited to be working hand in hand to enhance the PC experience.”
ARK: Survival Evolved is powered by Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), so Studio WildCard is using custom UE4 branches on GitHub to easily integrate GameWorks technologies into its game and deliver drastic image quality or visual effects improvements in a very short period of time. GitHub is a popular Web-based Git repository hosting service used in the game development industry to share code.
“ARK looks better and is more immersive thanks to NVIDIA GameWorks,” said Jesse Rapczak, co-founder and co-creative director, Studio Wildcard. “NVIDIA has made it possible for teams like ours to drop in state-of-the-art, high-quality solutions to tough visual effects problems, which is often the difference between having a feature and not having it at all.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Starriser: New Fleets Introduced
- As it already did for the Alpha version of Starriser, their much awaited space- themed MMO, Valencian studio Arpic Games is introducing all th...
- Street Fighter V Launch Review
- But I have hope for Street Fighter V. I say that I have hope because that’s the only feature that’s bloody open to be used right now!
- Legend of Master Online: New Mobile MORPG Available
- GAMEVIL has launched Legend of Master Online, an online action role-playing game that combines PC-quality graphics and a real-time network wit...