Ankama Games & Gumi Inc to enter mobile game partnership
Ankama Games and Gumi Inc. today announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership focused on mobile gaming. The companies will put together their strength in development and distribution to bring new projects to the market. This partnership is a key milestone in the international development of each company.
Gumi took the number one spot in the 10th Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Japan in 2012 in recognition of the company’s tremendous expansion over the past years. The company opened its subsidiary in Paris few months ago in order to be closer to its European partners. Since 2004 and the release of DOFUS, Ankama Games has been constantly growing and receiving awards from consumers and the industry. Today Ankama Games is one of the largest European independent game studios.
“gumi Inc.’s expertise in mobile game development combined with their in-depth knowledge of the Asian mobile market makes them the best partner to pursue our development” said Olivier Comte, Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer at Ankama. “Our visions and motivations are similar: keeping the momentum of constant growth and bringing AAA content to consumers”.
“Ankama Games is able to create coherent universe that are appealing to a large audience. We are proud and happy to partner with this talented studio to adapt their vision and bring games together to the market” said Hironao Kunimitsu, CEO at Gumi Inc.
The first project of this partnership is due in 2014. More details on the game will be revealed in the coming months.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Elder Scrolls Online Launch Review
- Elder Scrolls Online is ZeniMax’s attempt to create an MMORPG set within the beloved Elder Scrolls universe.
- Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade: Team Combat Demo this Friday
- Team Critical Hit will be continuing their transparent approach to development this week on Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade by streaming new...
- Nexon’s Duel of Summoners is the FTP Mabinogi Trading Card Game
- Nexon America is breaking the TGC scene wide open with "Duel of Summoners: The Mabinogi Trading Card Game"!