Anarchy Online Turns 15
Funcom is excited to announce that ‘Anarchy Online’, the first Sci-Fi MMORPG and one of the longest-running titles in the genre, celebrates its 15th anniversary today!
As part of the celebration, Funcom invites everyone who has ever played ‘Anarchy Online’ to join in the festivities between June 23rd and July 11th (regardless of current Membership status). New Membership offers, with brand new armor pieces, login rewards and the Desert Rider event are also part of the grand 15th anniversary celebration!
Included with the anniversary is an all new Game Update which changes the Player vs Player attack windows on Notum Tower fields, where players battle for dominance over the planet Rubi-Ka. The update also introduces a new Research Line for end-game players, with powerful skill increases, and adds new Veteran Shop rewards with bonus Veteran Points for existing members.
“I wish to thank everyone who has been part of this extraordinary journey,” said ‘Anarchy Online’ Lead Designer Henry Senger. “Anarchy Online’s incredible community has always been the heart and soul of the game, and I also wish to thank everyone who will continue the adventure with us, so we may go on for another 15 years!”
Released in 2001, ‘Anarchy Online’ shaped the face of the MMORPG genre with its Science-Fiction setting and innovative features, including dynamic missions, item levels, and instancing. A Beta version of a new ‘Anarchy Online’ rendering engine was released last year, and thousands upon thousands of players continue to explore the world of Rubi-ka today.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ghost Recon Phantoms Releases Second Post-Launch Map Redesign
- Today Ubisoft is boasting about the successful launch of Ghost Recon Phantoms in April with a new infographic. The game has also released a ne...
- Tynon Launch Preview
- Tynon seeks to merge features from casual and social city-building games with the worlds of strategy, fantasy, and role-playing.
- Small Video Game Startup Takes On Gaming Giants at E3
- The unlikely duo of a freelance web developer and a DJ defied convention by creating an online virtual world of their own: one programmer, one...