Albion Online Introduces Upgradable Islands
In preparation for the closed beta of the first true cross-platform sandbox MMORPG Albion Online this November, developer Sandbox Interactive continues to bring good news to the fans of the Albion Universe – one of the most unique features, Albion’s system of Private Islands, receives a highly anticipated ‘upgrade’. After listening to community requests to expand upon the idea, the developers decided to improve the player experience by introducing different island levels with additional building and farming plots, as well as a broader variety of decorative options so that players can customize the environment.
In the major cities, players can purchase Private Islands as a hideaway place, where they can build houses and workshops, even decorate and farm. With the new system, the number of farming and building plots can now be increased with an investment of Silver. The upgrade clears off the rubble and any other obstructions allowing to expand the area which offers numerous opportunities on improving player’s own little private haven. A total of five levels of Private Islands is in the works, each providing different customization options for the player to make these habitats truly unique.
In addition, the closed beta for Albion Online starting in November will bring a new system of hirable non-player characters for resource collection – Laborers. A more detailed introduction to the Laborers system will follow at a later date.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wakfu Raiders Introduces New Chapter Update and Combo Attack
- Wakfu Raiders’ holiday fever is starting, which means that fans will experience a bevy of new additions this pre-holiday season.
- Wild Terra Update 9.56 Arrives
- Wild Terra released their 9.56 Update back on December 15th, and with it came the free "Royal Treasures" DLC.
- Team Fortress 2 Now Free to Play
- Team Fortress 2, Valve’s popular multiplayer first-person shooter, is now free to play and available through Steam.