Aeria Games announces Dynasty Warriors Online
Special news! The popular brawler title, Dynasty Warriors, is going online – and Aeria Games will be publishing it as an MMO.
Set in the Three Kingdoms period, players take the role of an officer and battle hundreds of foes on special maps to meet victory goals. Dynasty Warriors Online will include PvE, territorial warfare, PvP, and story-based battles. Skirmishes can features 4 versus 4 and 12 versus 12 modes. Power-ups can be found on the battlefield to increase the power of your warrior.
Closed beta is to start soon, and Aeria Games is accepting applications now at the new website: http://dynastywarriors.aeriagames.com/.
The Original Press Release:
Dynasty Warriors Online Slashing Its Way to North America, Europe
Veteran Free-to-play Publisher Aeria Games Will Host and Produce Legendary Title
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – (Aug. 12, 2010) – Dynasty Warriors, one of the leading hack ‘n slash franchises of all time with more than 18 million copies sold, will be available soon as a free-to-play massively multiplayer online (MMO) game: Dynasty Warriors Online. Aeria Games, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, struck a licensing agreement with TECMO KOEI to distribute and operate Dynasty Warriors Online in North America and Europe. The first MMO version of the acclaimed franchise combines the fast-paced, epic-scale action made famous by Dynasty Warriors with intense online multiplayer gameplay. As with all of Aeria Games’ titles, Dynasty Warriors Online will be free to play.
Dynasty Warriors Online is an action-oriented tactical combat game, focusing on frenetic fighting and deadly showdowns against giant hordes on sprawling battlefields. Player-created characters interact with historical generals and warriors from China’s famous “Three Kingdoms” period. Players swear allegiances to warring factions and battle online to determine who will conquer Ancient China.
- Vicious Head-to-Head Combat: Unleash your skills in hard-hitting 4-on-4 brawls and 12-on-12 clashes against opposing players
- Epic Online Battles: Wage war supported by massive NPC armies across several game modes, including PvP, territorial control, story-based battles and more
- Dynamic Character Growth: Fight with a broad variety of weapons and level up your warrior mid-battle – start each skirmish with basic attributes and collect power-ups from the field
- Rewrite History: Change the dominant faction of the Three Kingdoms based on players’ in-game performance and victories
“Dynasty Warriors is one of the most fun, beloved and treasured video game franchises and is among the first great gaming IPs to be offered as a free-to-play online game experience,” said J.T. Nguyen, COO of Aeria Games. “The free-to-play Dynasty Warriors Online delivers the experience of the popular franchise into a fresh new multiplayer setting, allowing players to both compete and cooperate in grand battles for control of the Three Kingdoms. We’re delighted to share the game with Aeria’s growing community of more than 13 million members.”
Dynasty Warriors Online will begin closed beta testing (CBT) soon. Aeria Games members can sign up on the Dynasty Warriors Online website at http://dynastywarriors.aeriagames.com, and first-time players can register as a member for free at http://www.aeriagames.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- RIFT Update 3.4 Press Preview
- First is the introduction of the Planetouched Wilds. Also introduced is the Primalist calling, which calls on the primal aspects of the world
- Tree of Savior - International test sever coming soon
- IMC Games has just announced on their official Facebook page that an international test server will be available sometime after the Focus Grou...