War Thunder puts you in the cockpit of a warplane, as you battle across historical dog fights from World War II. With a focus on a realistic experience, you’ll fly alongside squadron members as you take down your opponents with skill. The skies aren’t the only option here, though. Ground and sea missions also exist to ensure missions are varied and exciting for all involved! Now available on Playstation 4 featuring cross-platform gameplay!
War Thunder features planes, tanks, and soon ship battles set across various landscapes of World War II. The game offers you a variety of national vehicles to choose from, each with their own strengths and combat ability. The game’s damage system is quite complex, wherein a simple machine gun can cause significant damage if targeting the right area of an opponent’s plane. The instant action feature of War Thunder will ensure you get a quick experience, without having to wait for other players to join your game or create their own.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 21, 2016
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Gaijin Entertainment
- Publisher: Gaijin Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Steam, PS4, Android
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Attention to detail in every plane.
- +Realistic combat by sky, land, and sea.
- +Varied modes of gameplay.
- -Can be bit of a harsh learning curve.
- -Might want a joystick or gamepad.
- -Targets often don’t stand out.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8, OSX Mavericks, Steam OS, PS4, Android TV
- CPU: Intel dual core 2.4 ghz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 460, AMD Radeon 55XX series or higher
- HDD: 11GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Green Arrow Pierces Into the Heart of DC Universe Online
- Straight from Star City and into DC Universe Online’s Legends PvP comes one of DC's most legendary heroes, the Green Arrow.
- Robotcraft releases Dawn of the Megabots Update
- Destructive robot-PvP battle game Robocraft has released their biggest update yet, titled Dawn of the Megabots.