War Commander is a free-to-play browser strategy game developed by KIXEYE and can be played either on their personal website or as a Facebook app. In War Commander players must rise above all others in a post apocalyptic world, taking on any Rogue Factions and online players that dare challenge them.
Players get divided up into sectors in the game, some of which could have thousands of players on their world map. It is here players will start their own base, building and upgrading it in a variety of ways. Resource deposits will need to be defended and used to gather resources which will be used to fund the creation of defensive and offensive structures like turrets, drone silos, barracks and more. Only one structure from each building category (like defense or tech) can be upgraded at a time, so choosing the right building to upgrade that suits your needs the best will be what helps your progress as quickly as possible.
Going on the offensive and assaulting other players’ bases also has its benefits. When you launch a successful attack you’ll be able to steal your opponent’s resources and even stop their base upgrades from happening, but be wary of who you decide to pick on. Players can join up with clans and work together to dominate the map. Don’t think they won’t come to defend their comrades, and if they do your base’s defensive capabilities had better be up to par otherwise you might find your hard-earned resources being stolen.
Whether or not you’re ready for it, the world has become a harsh place. Your offense and defense must be impeccable if you want to survive in the post apocalyptic world War Commander thrusts you into.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Sep 13, 2011
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: KIXEYE
- Publisher: KIXEYE
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- +Monthly events.
- +Easy to pick up and get started.
- +Customizable base design.
- -Hard to micro-manage units.
- -Completely lacks story or premise.
- -Long upgrade times.
- System Requirements not yet known.
- Description: War Commander is a free-to-play browser strategy game where players can manage their own base in a fierce, post apocalyptic world. With clans of players working together and constant fights over resources, your offensive and defensive capabilities had better be up to par!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Vainglory Announces Seasons Beginning in October
- Vainglory has announced today its plan to offer quarterly competitive eSports season, starting this October with the Autumn 2015 Season.
- Uncharted Waters Online 2015 Game Review
- Inside each city or outside the ports I’ve seen a ton of players going on their business and sailing everywhere doing their own thing.
Videos You May Enjoy
- MMO Weekly Recap #422 Sept 4th – Genshin Impact Launch Date, Path of Exile Heist, LoL Samira & More!