In Vanguard Princess, players join a group of young girls that were suddenly bestowed with mystical abilities after a government experiment gone wrong results in a radioactive earthquake. From the ashes rises a super-powered female simply known as ‘She’ who’s determined to abolish all of mankind in an act of revenge. Players have to fight their way through various zones for a final showdown with the ultimate adversary ‘She.’
Although launched in 2014 by eigoMANGA on Steam, Vanguard Princess has been around for quite awhile. This freeware fighter was created single-handedly by programmer and illustrator Tomoaki Sugeno who goes by the alias Suge9. He used the Enterbrain’s Fighter Maker Engine to develop the game which earned praise from industry veterans and fans. Suge9 was the first developer to create a high quality game worthy of commercial status with that particular engine. Since the game’s debut in 2009 it has received several version updates. The featured modes are Story and 2-Player Versus. There are also 10 playable characters with 1 unlockable boss.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Feb 28, 2014
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Onlive
- Publisher: EigoManga
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, Fighting
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Cool anime characters.
- +Challenging battles.
- +Fast-paced combat.
- -No character customization.
- -All-female cast may not be for everyone.
- -Only two game modes.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- CPU: Pentium III 400MHz
- RAM: 128 MB RAM
- GPU: Graphics card with 32MB Video RAM
- HDD: 400 MB available space
- Additional Information:
- · 4-button game controller (Optional)
- Description: Vanguard Princess pits players in 2v2 brawls featuring sexy anime women unleashing martial arts, gunslinging, magic, and even cheerleading in a battle to decide the fate of humanity. What's not to love?
Articles You May Enjoy
- Update 17 is now live for Dungeons and Dragons Online
- Revisit the Ruins of Gianthold in DDO's latest update.
- Combat Arms is now Transatlantic
- The merge into one global server maximises and unifies the player base, allowing for transatlantic matchmaking.