Unreal Tournament’s newest iteration is currently in development by Epic Games. As with previous iterations this iteration of Unreal Tournament will be a first-person shooter, but instead it will utilize the Unreal Engine 4. Rather unique to Unreal Tournament is its development process which will be crowdsourced, allowing for a vast spectrum of input.
The game modes in Unreal Tournament are not expected to vary greatly from its previous iteration, including:
Duel – 1v1 where the winner stays in the match and the loser returns to the last position in the match queue.
Capture the Flag – A team versus team match where each team’s base has a flag that the enemy team seeks to retrieve and bring back to their base.
Bombing Run – A team versus team match where teams compete for possession of a ball and try to score by getting the ball through the enemy team’s hoop.
Team Deathmatch – A team versus team match where the team with the most frags wins.
Deathmatch – A free-for-all match type where the first player to reach the specified number of frags wins.
Warfare – A team versus team match where each team attempts to destroy the opposing team’s core located within their base.
Assault – A team versus team match where one team acts as the invaders and another team acts as the defenders. The invading team must complete particular objectives in order to begin defending, while the defending team tries to hold out as long as they can against the assaulting team and prevent them from completing objectives.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Epic Games
- Publisher: Epic Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- +Crowdsourced development.
- +Multiple platform support
- -Limited information available.
- System Requirements not yet known.
- Description: Unreal Tournament's newest iteration is currently in development by Epic Games. As with previous iterations this iteration of Unreal Tournament will be a first-person shooter, but instead it will utilize the Unreal Engine 4.
Articles You May Enjoy
- District 187 Gets Chilly With Winter of Wars Update
- District 187: Sin Streets (D187), an urban combat FPS published by CJ Games Global, unleashes its biggest update ever, “Winter of Wars.”
- Siegelord Closed Beta Launches December 16
- 37Games is excited to announce you that Siegelord, the first real-time SLG will be available on December 16th!
- Shining Empire meets funding goal on Kickstarter; Stretch Goals Annouced
- Arcade County, developers of "Shining Force Online", reached their Kickstarter goal for "Shining Empire" in less than 48 h...