theHunter is the first fully-fledged, free-to-play hunting game to be released and it is quite a package. Players create and manage their account on the official site, but enter Whitehart Island through a beautiful game client. The Hunter is some of the most impressive visuals of any PC game to date and matches it with realistic gameplay. Players will have to slowly track down their prey before taking a shot. This isn’t a shoot-em-up, but rather a detailed hunting simulator likely to appeal to hobbyist over the general gamer.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Mar 01, 2009
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Expansive Worlds
- Publisher: Expansive Worlds
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Shooter, Strategy, Sports
- Platforms: PC
- +Realistic Hunting experience.
- +Varied firearms that handle differently.
- +Missions provide a sense of direction.
- -Most content only accessible to premium users.
- -Slow-paced gameplay.
- -Steep learning curve.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- CPU: Intel 2 GHz or AMD Dual Core
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: NVidia GeForce 8800, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 2400 or newer
- HDD: 3GB
- Description: theHunter is a 3D, hunting MMO with realistic graphics and gameplay. Player must track down their prey, take aim and fire. With richly detailed environments and a huge hunting island to explore, The Hunter offers the most compelling hunting experience ever offered by a PC game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Winning Putt Summer Festival Begins
- Bandai Namco has announced that summer has arrived in Winning Putt's open beta, with the start of the Winning Putt Summer Festival.
- Aika Closed Beta 1 Ends. Closed Beta 2 Begins Feb 24
- Aika Closed Beta 1 ended, but closed beta 2 will begin soon. Aika closed beta 1 keys cannot be used for closed beta 2.
- Shotgun News 12/12: World of Darkness, Monster Madness Online, and Perfect World International
- A look at the MMO news for today including World of Darkness, Monster Madness, and Perfect World International.