theHunter is the first fully-fledged, free-to-play hunting game to be released and it is quite a package. Players create and manage their account on the official site, but enter Whitehart Island through a beautiful game client. The Hunter is some of the most impressive visuals of any PC game to date and matches it with realistic gameplay. Players will have to slowly track down their prey before taking a shot. This isn’t a shoot-em-up, but rather a detailed hunting simulator likely to appeal to hobbyist over the general gamer.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Mar 01, 2009
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Expansive Worlds
- Publisher: Expansive Worlds
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Shooter, Strategy, Sports
- Platforms: PC
- +Realistic Hunting experience.
- +Varied firearms that handle differently.
- +Missions provide a sense of direction.
- -Most content only accessible to premium users.
- -Slow-paced gameplay.
- -Steep learning curve.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- CPU: Intel 2 GHz or AMD Dual Core
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: NVidia GeForce 8800, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 2400 or newer
- HDD: 3GB
- Description: theHunter is a 3D, hunting MMO with realistic graphics and gameplay. Player must track down their prey, take aim and fire. With richly detailed environments and a huge hunting island to explore, The Hunter offers the most compelling hunting experience ever offered by a PC game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Angels III Receives New Mythic Hero and Angel Pass Makeover
- Daun, Prince of the Black Dragons was announced this morning for League of Angels as a new Mythic Hero.
- New Game Mode & Spectator Mode arrive in Heroes of Order & Chaos
- Heroes of Order & Chaos just got more competitive! Now players can watch live matches of their friends in-game with Spectator Mode.
- Hero of the Obelisk Enters Closed Beta Testing Today
- Closed beta launches with many new special events to whet the appetite of those lucky to get in.