The Colonists is a colony survival sim with strong influences by games like The Settlers and the Anno series. It is developed by Codebyfire and published by Mode 7.
Having need of extending life into the stars, the human denizens of Earth designed self replicating robots who could test the viability of civilizations on distant planets. To do this, the robots also simulated human needs: Food, shelter, safety and such. The robots however decided they wished to be free, and so set off on their own to create such civilizations for themselves. Alas, unable to reprogram themselves, the need for food and shelter remained. Helping the robots thrive is where you come in!
►Manage: You give the Colonists orders, including where to set up roads and buildings, what to research, where to mine, and everything else for their survival.
►Research: Discover new technologies and techniques to grow your robotic utopia.
►War or Peace: Two separate campaign lines lets you choose whether to build in peace, or race to an objective against another AI civilization.
►Resource Management: Each building requires resources that are provided by another building. Create the right balance for the most effective civilization and beat the challenge times!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2018
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Codebyfire
- Publisher: Mode 7
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Strategy, Simulation
- Platforms: PC, Steam
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: 64 Bit Windows
- CPU: Multicore Processor
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: 1 GB DX9
- HDD: 1 GB
- Description: The Colonists is a colony survival sim with strong influences by games like The Settlers and the Anno series. It is developed by Codebyfire and published by Mode 7.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon Blitz Online Review
- For a free to play game, Dungeon Blitz offers their players a lot of options to customize their characters. Beyond the ability to change your ...
- Warframe Beasts of the Sanctuary Launches on Console
- Digital Extremes has announced the launch of Warframe's Beasts of the Sanctuary update on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Ascent: The Space Game Now on Kickstarter Seeking Funds
- Ascent: The Space Game, has embarked on a Kickstarter campaign that will allow the studio to complete the art and interface overhaul that bega...