Starborne is a free-to-play sci-fi 4X strategy game developed by Solid Clouds and will be available in open beta during Q2 2018 on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. Combining 4X empire building with the real-time strategy elements of the MMORTS genre, Starborne puts players in the role of a space commander competing against thousands of other players.
Gameplay in Starborne takes place on large space maps that can support up to 2492 concurrent players fighting for control of the map. Players can band together in alliances to work together, wage wars against other players, and build up their space bases. Each map has numerous strategic points in the form of planets which players will strive to take for their own and expand their sphere of influence. Games will culminate over a total of six months with decisive endgame content before resetting, giving players more shots at taking over the map with different strategies.
The entirety of your experience in Starborne is card-driven. New cards can be discovered and collected as you play, enabling you to do anything from upgrading your stations and fleets to gaining special bonuses and changing your avatar picture. This system creates a huge number of choices in specializing the functionality of your space empire. Try to create different specializations and figure out what each type can offer you.
Starborne seeks to do what no game has done before by marrying the feeling of traditional board games with epic, long-term gameplay and political conflict. If you’re looking for a game that will reward you over time for your well-thought-out strategic decisions then look no further! Only time will tell how grand your strategies truly are and how strong your alliances have actually become!
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Solid Clouds
- Publisher: Solid Clouds
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
- System Requirements not yet known.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Metin2 updates to celebrate The Olympics
- Just in time for the Olympics, Gameforge has updated Metin2 with a couple of new features.
- Company of Heroes 2: New Ardennes Assault Video Revealed
- Today marks the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge – a battle generally regarded as the turning point of World War II and referred ...