Screeps is a buy-to-play 2D strategy game developed by the similarly named Screeps and is available for purchase on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux. Screeps also allows for players to purchase a monthly subscription model that will increase their CPU resource limit in the game.
Even when you aren’t playing your units will act based on their programming, so you’ll have to program them while keeping in mind you won’t always be at your computer to babysit them. Whether you need to go walk the dog, go to work, or make some food only good coding practices will ensure that all stays well until your return. You don’t have to write your code in the in game editor either. You are free to create your next AI masterpiece in your favorite external IDE, giving you the utmost freedom and comfort to develop how you’d like.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Nov 16, 2016
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Screeps
- Publisher: Screeps
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Steam
- +Use actual programming instead of pseudo-coding.
- +Reinforces good coding habits.
- +Very unique gameplay.
- -Learning curve if you don't know how to program already.
- -Not enough content to warrant subscription cost.
- -Novice areas not truly restricted to novice players.
- System Requirements not yet known.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mythos Global begins open beta
- Open beta testing has begun for Mythos Global, published by T3Fun.
- Avalon Lords: Dawn Rises Early Access Impressions
- Avalon Lords: Dawn Rises is a true RTS game being developed by Animus Interactive Inc.
- Brave Frontier + Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Collaboration Announced
- gumi Inc. and Atlas will be celebrating a special collaboration event between Brave Frontier and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse.