RF Online, or Rising Force Online, is an interesting 3D Sci-Fi MMORPG. The game is one of the only sci-fi MMORPGs out there, which is a shame as the genre has so much potential. The game’s best aspects are its original music and gorgeous graphics. The game takes place in a distant planet in the ‘novus’ system where each of the game’s three factions, Accretian Empire, Bellato Federation and The alliance of Cora fight it out to gain control of natural resources in the area. The game’s four playable classes are:
Warrior –Warriors are the primary ‘tank’ class in RF Online. They have the most hit points and are effective at dealing heavy damage in melee range. They are capable of wearing the best armor and can use a variety of melee weapons.
Ranger – Rangers are specialized at using ranged weapons to deal damage. They are vulnerable in close quarters combat but
Specialist– Specialists are RF Online’s hybrid class. They are capable of using all several types of weapons and armor, but they lack the strength of a a warrior, but are the only class in the game that can craft items.
Spiritualist– Spirtualists are the generic caster archetype. They are capable of dealing massive damage from a distance using their ‘force’ spells but have relatively low hit points compared to the other classes. The Accretians do not have access to the Spiritualist class.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Feb 21, 2006
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: CCR Inc.
- Publisher: RedFox
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Unique skill system.
- +Large player run economy
- +Great original music.
- -Starting equipment absurdly powerful.
- -Repetitive combat.
- -Powerful monsters in newbie areas.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
- CPU: Intel P4
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: nVIDIA Geforce 6 or over / ATI Radeon X700 or over
- HDD: 6 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Forge of Empires Releases New Contemporary Era
- Forge of Empires gets into the trick-or-treating mood this month with two weeks full of spooky rhyming and an anticipated treat: the release o...
- Total War Battles: Kingdoms Review
- Total War Battles: Kingdoms is a multiplayer Strategy game. The game is free-to-play and features hex-based city building, resource management
- Camelot Unchained Alpha Progress Interview
- It's been over a week now since backers like myself gained access into the official alpha testing of Camelot Unchained, Mark Jacobs ambit...