RayCity is the second free to play racing MMO to feature a persistent game world after Drift City. The game offers plenty of single player and cooperative missions to familiarize players with the controls, and unlock access to greater parts of the city. Missions also reward cash which can be used for parts upgrades and other decor. Competitive racing is the main gameplay attraction and RayCity delivers. With up to 20 participants per race, and plenty of tracks to chose from, there’s always plenty to do. Like Drift City, RayCity boasts real cars, and some extreme custom designs. The gameplay is also similar; the arcade feel does take away some realism, but its way more fun boosting down the track and easily recovering from crashes than just hitting forward and making controlled turns.
Quests & Missions – Hundreds of quests and missions divided into several categories. Complete photo-taking, chase, road rage, and party missions to earn experience, items, skills, and new map areas.
Racing Mode – Race with up to 20 players on various tracks. Race modes include single, team, and guild.
Speed Racing Mode – A twice daily event where huge groups of players race between pre set points around the city. Place in the top percentiles and earn special rewards!
Race Skills – Earn experience to unlock new cars and skills. These skills include drifting, boosting, jumping, sliding, and burnout. Watching a car ‘jump’ is hardcore!
Car Customization – Start with a base model and customize every aspect of your car. Engines, body parts, and the exterior. Decals, paints, rims, and other accessories give each car a unique look.
- Status: Shut Down
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: EA's Seoul Studio
- Publisher: AsiaSoft
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sports, Simulation
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Large, persistent environment.
- +Varied mission modes, including group missions.
- +Form and manage racing clubs (guilds.)
- +Up to 20 players per race.
- -Hosted in Singapore, may suffer from high ping.
- -’Arcade’ gameplay style may put off racing purists.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz / AMD 2400+ or better
- RAM: 1 GB or more
- GPU: nVidia GeForce 5700 / ATI Radeon 9800 or better
- HDD: 3.0 GB
- Description: RayCity is a 3D racing MMO developed by EA's Seoul Studio. Players must complete various quests to unlock new areas in the game's large persistent world. Race with up to 20 people in multiple game modes, or form your own racing club and challenge others!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Project Cars Review
- Project Cars is a racing simulator developer by Slightly Mad Studios and published by Bandai Namco Games.
- Joymax celebrates its 15th birthday
- Games publisher and developer Joymax is celebrating its 15th birthday this month.
- Dark Nexus Arena Shut Down
- On March 16, Whitebox Interactive announced that it has cancelled development of Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena.