Minecraft is an open world, sandbox style game available for purchase on multiple platforms including PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3/4, iOS, and Android. In Minecraft players have the freedom to become whatever they want to be and can shape the world in practically any way they’d like.
There are two standard modes for Minecraft. In survival mode, players are tasked to start with nothing, spawned on a randomly generated world, and then must work to build tools, weapons, and a shelter to survive the dangers of monsters that come out at night. As they progress, players can replace their tools with better materials, explore a vast world, and fight even stronger monsters. There are even other worlds like the Nether and the End that can be traveled to, but only the brave dare venture that far. Surviving in those dangerous areas will require some of the strongest equipment you can craft.
In creative mode, players can freely explore and build, without threat from monsters and with the use of unlimited resources. Here, players can build their dream worlds – although many choose to do this in survival, too! Either way you can construct your dream home, a formidable fortress, floating castle, underground bunker or something else entirely. You name it and you’re sure to find a way to make it happen in Minecraft!
What’s even more impressive about Minecraft is the community and the support it receives. Minecraft is a widely supported game with millions of players, it can be modded to your heart’s content, and there are tons of public and private servers that allow for solo to large-scale play with others. No matter the kind of play you’re looking for you will either find it already available or you can create it yourself. Experience the perfectly balanced creative freedom of Minecraft today and craft your perfect world!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 17, 2009
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Mojang
- Publisher: Mojang
- Category: Stand-alone, Mobile
- Genre(s): 3D, Adventure, Casual
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Wii U, PS Vita, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile
- +Endless replayability.
- +Huge community support.
- +Able to import and create mods and skins.
- -No cross-platform play.
- -Different platforms have different versions and gameplay.
- -Each platform version must be purchased separately.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8, Mac OSX 10.8+, Ubuntu Linux, iOS 5+, Android 4.0+
- CPU: Intel Core i3, AMD Athlon II, 2.8 GHz, or equivalent.
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series.
- HDD: 1GB
- Other: OpenGL 3.3 Support.
- Description: Immerse yourself in an endless world where your imagination is the limit in Minecraft, the mega-hit voxel advernture game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dual Universe: Novaquark Raised 7.4M in Funding
- Dual Universe raised over 670k last year, becoming the third highest-funded game on Kickstarter... now they're at a total of 7.4 million.
- League of Legends: Pre-Season Update
- November marks the end of the current League of Legends season. This update is going to change the way we play the game like never before.