Minecraft is an open world, sandbox style game available for purchase on multiple platforms including PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3/4, iOS, and Android. In Minecraft players have the freedom to become whatever they want to be and can shape the world in practically any way they’d like.
►There are two standard modes for Minecraft. In survival mode, players are tasked to start with nothing, spawned on a randomly generated world, and then must work to build tools, weapons, and a shelter to survive the dangers of monsters that come out at night. As they progress, players can replace their tools with better materials, explore a vast world, and fight even stronger monsters. There are even other worlds like the Nether and the End that can be traveled to, but only the brave dare venture that far. Surviving in those dangerous areas will require some of the strongest equipment you can craft.
►In creative mode, players can freely explore and build, without threat from monsters and with the use of unlimited resources. Here, players can build their dream worlds – although many choose to do this in survival, too! Either way you can construct your dream home, a formidable fortress, floating castle, underground bunker or something else entirely. You name it and you’re sure to find a way to make it happen in Minecraft!
►What’s even more impressive about Minecraft is the community and the support it receives. Minecraft is a widely supported game with millions of players, it can be modded to your heart’s content, and there are tons of public and private servers that allow for solo to large-scale play with others. No matter the kind of play you’re looking for you will either find it already available or you can create it yourself. Experience the perfectly balanced creative freedom of Minecraft today and craft your perfect world!
The Java Edition for Minecraft has received a plethora of updates worthy of being called expansions. Prime among them:
►1.4.2: Pretty Scary Update – Added new boss “The Wither”, anvil, command block, the beacon, and new food items.
►1.5: Redstone Update – Added and improved many blocks that are powered by “Restone”. Most of these blocks have to do with automation and creating circuits to that end.
►1.6.1: Horse Update – Added Horses and leads, coal blocks, resource packs, and a new launcher, among other things.
►1.7.2: The Update that Changed the World – Improved world generation with new biome generator, new bione variations, new terrain generator, new trees, new spawn system, custom-sized nether portals, new fish and a fishing system with rewards, as well as increased customization options
►1.8: Bountiful Update – Features added for mapmakers and new survival features.
►1.9: Combat Update – A virtually complete overhaul of the combat system.
►1.10: Frostburn Update – An “auto-jump” feature added which would allow players to automatically jump up to a block that was one block higher than their current block. Prior to 1.10 any vertical movement not on a ramp or ladder required pressing the jump button. Also added mobs and blocks associated with hot and cold biomes.
►1.11: Exploration Update – Added new spawn eggs, llamas, new enemy type mobs, and explorer maps.
►1.12: World of Colour Update – Added new colorful blocks, parrots, functions, and dyable beds.
►1.13: Update Aquatic – New aquatic biomes added, giving variation to water. New pre-generated structures such as shipwrecks, icebergs, and underwater ruins. New mostly aquatic mobs. Added new “buffet” mode, which generates a world containing only a single biome.
Players may purchase Minecoins which can be spent on a variety of expansions, skins, adventure packs, mini games, and other assorted community created content.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 17, 2009
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Mojang
- Publisher: Mojang
- Category: Stand-alone, Mobile
- Genre(s): 3D, Adventure, Casual
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Switch, Wii U, PS Vita, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Oculus Rift
- +Endless replayability.
- +Huge community support.
- +Able to import and create mods and skins.
- -No cross-platform play.
- -Different platforms have different versions and gameplay.
- -Each platform version must be purchased separately.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8, Mac OSX 10.8+, Ubuntu Linux, iOS 5+, Android 4.0+
- CPU: Intel Core i3, AMD Athlon II, 2.8 GHz, or equivalent.
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series.
- HDD: 1GB
- Other: OpenGL 3.3 Support.
- Description: Immerse yourself in an endless world where your imagination is the limit in Minecraft, the mega-hit voxel advernture game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Nosgoth Premieres First Gameplay Videos
- Catch Nosgoth's first three gameplay videos with commentary revealing Pysonix and Square's upcoming vampire versus hunter Battle Are...
- ArchLord 2: Now in Open Beta
- WEBZEN, a global developer and publisher of online games, announces that the long-awaited Archlord 2 will enter Open Beta today.