With over 100 million accounts created, Maplestory is probably the most played free-to-play MMORPG of all time. Maplestory is a 2D side-scrolling, fantasy MMORPG with a massive amount of features and things to do. Although the game is now over eight years old, the game continues on strong with regular updates and patches, and has significantly upgraded the game engine and graphics since its early days. If you can handle MapleStory’s child-like, cartoony graphics, this game has a ton to offer.
MapleStory now has 30 classes and counting:
Explorers: Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, Dual Blade, Pirate, Cannoneer, Jett, Zen
Cygnus Knights: Dawn Warrior, Mihile, Blaze Wizard*, Wind Archer, Night Walker*, Thunder Breaker
*New Blaze Wizards and Night Walkers cannot be created.
Heroes: Aran, Evan, Luminous, Mercedes, Phantom
Resistance: Demon Slayer, Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, Mechanic, Xenon
Nova: Kaiser, Angelic Buster
Sengoku: Hayato, Kanna
Child of God: Zero
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 11, 2005
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Wizet
- Publisher: Nexon
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Casual
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Plenty of job advancements.
- +Unique platforming quests.
- +Huge game world with tons of quests.
- -Repetitive gameplay.
- -Cash shop advantage.
- -Poor customer support.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8
- CPU: Pentium Dual Core or equivalent
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: GeForce FX5000 / ATI Radeon 9600 or higher (any video card with Shader model 2.0 or higher)
- HDD: 8GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rising Generals: Art and Design Details Revealed
- Today InnoGames released additional information on the art and graphics of its upcoming cross-platform strategy MMO Rising Generals. The game ...
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Shadow of Revan Preview
- KOTOR, for those who don't know, is one of BioWare's older RPGs, Knights of the Old Republic. It's their homegrown installment ...
- The Secret World Game Director Letter Looks Ahead To Issues #9 and #10
- A new Game Director Letter for The Secret World looks to the days and months ahead as the game prepares for Tokyo.