Maelstrom is a third-person action MOBA set on the Abyssal Ocean where daring captains duel to the death aboard heavily-armed ships of war.
►Into the Storm: Experiment with a wide variety of races, leadership, vessels, armaments, and cosmetics as you unlock higher-tiered ships and crewmates.
►Mine!: Steal away as much floating treasure as you can while outgunning and outmaneuvering your sea-faring rivals.
►Ploosh: Cannons are your primary mechanism for taking out other ships and your first line of offense. Cannonballs are driven by real-time physics and come with a hefty arc, so making sure you’re at the perfect angle is key to keeping yourself alive and your enemies sunk. Additionally you can ram, grapple, and board enemy ships as tactically necessary.
►Hidden in the Depths: The beast comes for us all, eventually. Avoid the Dead Waters as they shrink the map size lest you come face-to-face with a killer Leviathan.
Start your rags to riches tale by picking from one of three races including the unbreakable Dwarves, double-edged Orcs, and speedy Humans. Each feature unique strengths, weaknesses, attributes, and strategic style.
This is a buy-to-play retail title offering an optional premium currency to purchase cosmetics and speed up gameplay-unlocking progression.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Sep 20, 2019
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Gunpowder Games
- Publisher: Gunpowder Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Battle Royale, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Steam
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Interesting Blend of Derivative Concepts
- +Gorgeous Graphics and Animations
- +Thrilling High-Seas Combat
- -Low Playerbase
- -Limited Developer Communication/Updates
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7+ 64-bit
- CPU: Quad-core Intel+/AMD processor 2.5 GHz+
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX+/AMD Radeon 6870 HD+
- HDD: 7 GB
- Description: Maelstrom is a third-person action MOBA set on the Abyssal Ocean where daring captains duel to the death aboard heavily-armed ships of war.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Classic Server Comes To Ragnarok Online
- Gravity Interactive announced that Ragnarok Online will launch a classic server on June 29.
- RaiderZ Review
- RaiderZ is a 3D fantasy themed monster-hunting MMORPG developed by MAEIT Entertainment, the same creator of the FPS GunZ: The Duel.
- Formula Wincars: Less than 29 hours left on Kickstarter campaign
- DragonJam Studios seeks funds for its project, the innovative arcade racer Formula Wincars. Their crowdfunding campaign ends in 24 hours, havi...