Maelstrom is a third-person action MOBA set on the Abyssal Ocean where daring captains duel to the death aboard heavily-armed ships of war.
►Into the Storm: Experiment with a wide variety of races, leadership, vessels, armaments, and cosmetics as you unlock higher-tiered ships and crewmates.
►Mine!: Steal away as much floating treasure as you can while outgunning and outmaneuvering your sea-faring rivals.
►Ploosh: Cannons are your primary mechanism for taking out other ships and your first line of offense. Cannonballs are driven by real-time physics and come with a hefty arc, so making sure you’re at the perfect angle is key to keeping yourself alive and your enemies sunk. Additionally you can ram, grapple, and board enemy ships as tactically necessary.
►Hidden in the Depths: The beast comes for us all, eventually. Avoid the Dead Waters as they shrink the map size lest you come face-to-face with a killer Leviathan.
Start your rags to riches tale by picking from one of three races including the unbreakable Dwarves, double-edged Orcs, and speedy Humans. Each feature unique strengths, weaknesses, attributes, and strategic style.
This is a buy-to-play retail title offering an optional premium currency to purchase cosmetics and speed up gameplay-unlocking progression.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Sep 20, 2019
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Gunpowder Games
- Publisher: Gunpowder Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Battle Royale, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Steam
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Interesting Blend of Derivative Concepts
- +Gorgeous Graphics and Animations
- +Thrilling High-Seas Combat
- -Low Playerbase
- -Limited Developer Communication/Updates
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7+ 64-bit
- CPU: Quad-core Intel+/AMD processor 2.5 GHz+
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX+/AMD Radeon 6870 HD+
- HDD: 7 GB
- Description: Maelstrom is a third-person action MOBA set on the Abyssal Ocean where daring captains duel to the death aboard heavily-armed ships of war.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Argo Online Relaunch Review
- Argo Online is a mixed bagged. Its graphics are dated, its gameplay generic, but the PVP is fun and the story interesting.
- Population Zero Outlines The Character Progression Systems
- The harsh, unforgiving world of Population Zero will not be an easy one to survive.
- Star Trek Timelines: Star Trek: Discovery Warps In
- The free-to-play Star Trek: Timelines spans all fifty-one years of the Star Trek timeline, and the current story is no exception!