IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Global Fan Festival Annouced
- In celebration and recognition of its growing community of players, Square Enix Inc. is proud to announce the inaugural Fan Festival for FINAL...
- Snail CEO Shi Hai Brings Black Gold and Age of Wushu Clips to GDC 2012
- Snail Game CEO Shi Hai was among those who delivered speeches at the conference. He addressed the theme “Breaking New Ground in the MMO Genr...
- All-New Weapon In Nexon's Vindictus Ups the Ante
- Nexon’s action-packed MMO Vindictus continues its summer updates by upping the ante with Vella’s new weapon, the Twin Chain Blades.