IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- InnoGames: Heading to Gamescom 2014
- InnoGames, the makers of the some of the most globally successful cross-platform free to play titles will attend gamescom with their AAA line-...
- SMITE Season 3.12 Patch Overview and Gallery
- The Smite Season 3.12 Patch has been revealed today via the patch notes stream, and this time it’s a heavy read.
- BetaDwarf Announces ‘FORCED 2: The Rush’
- Independent video game development studio, BetaDwarf, today announced FORCED 2: The Rush, a Rogue-like sequel to the popular tactical arena co...