EverQuest II is Sony Online Entertainment’s second stand alone game that is set in the EverQuest universe. It is not a direct sequel, as the game takes place in a parallel universe rather than after the events of the original EverQuest. The game was originally released back in 2004, but was eventually re-released in July 2010 as a free to play game with a cash shop. The game has incredible graphics and audio and is a vast improvement over its predecessor. Since the game’s release, EverQuest II enjoyed 5+ major expansion packs and many smaller content updates. If you were a fan of the original EverQuest, or just looking for a new game to try, EverQuest II won’t disappoint, especially since it’s a free to play game now. The free to play restrictions have been mostly lifted now, leaving the game’s content vastly open for players to explore.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Nov 08, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Daybreak Games
- Publisher: Daybreak Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Incredible amount of variety
- +Huge variety of skills and advancements.
- +Large game world.
- +Solid interface.
- -Some annoying free to play restrictions.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 98 / 2000 / ME / XP / Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz / AMD Equivalent
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: 128 MB 3D Graphics Card. (Geforce 6200 or better)
- HDD: 10 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Bloodline Champions: New Server Available
- The move will be done on January 28th. Log into the game within 2 weeks and get a “Welcome to the new servers” -Reward!
- Cards and Castles Pax South Coverage
- Since Cards and Castles was new to me, the first thing I did was pick up the game and play through its two-battle tutorial. It’s pretty easy...
- Black Gold Online Releases First Round of Alpha Invites
- Snail Games announces the first round of alpha invites for Black Gold Online.