Ember Strike is a free-to-play 2D fantasy game developed by Reentry Games for iOS, Android, and it is available on Steam Early Access for PC.
The game is primarily a PvP fighter based around action and strategy where players will engage in lightning-fast head-to-head battles. Your goal throughout the game is to collect and upgrade a team of monsters that you will help you win your battles. Every match will pit you against an enemy where you’ll need to match 3 or more of a kind of different elements. Matching elements that match the elements of the monsters in your lineup will result in them gaining power and eventually executing a visually impressive special move.
Although monster skills are an important factor in the battles you encounter, the most important factor is actually your quick-thinking. Every match is fought in real-time where you and your enemy will actually share the same game board where you’ll be matching your elements. This leads to very intriguing types of strategy where you’ll be planning out your own moves, trying to match elements that match your monster’s elements, and possibly making matches of completely different elements so your opponent can’t make them for themselves!
In singleplayer mode you’ll work your way across the game world level by level fighting bosses, earning gold, and collecting embers. Gold and embers can your monsters even stronger which can be used to upgrade your monsters and make them even more powerful. Multiplayer battles are where the real fun happens and you’ll be pitted against another player, testing your wits and reaction-time against them to determine who is the best and fastest matcher!
If you’re a fan of matching games, but seek something a bit more edgy and fast-paced, then Ember Strike is for you. With its impressive visuals and lightning-fast gameplay Ember Strike will have your cursor or finger flying all over your screen in no time
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: May 26, 2016
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Reentry Games
- Publisher: Reentry Games
- Category: Stand-alone, Mobile
- Genre(s): 2D, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, iOS, Android
- +Good visuals.
- +Microtransactions don't affect competitive gameplay.
- +Satisfying game progression.
- -Some players use PvP bots.
- -RNG can make it very hard to acquire higher level cards.
- -Mobile UI on desktop version.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / iOS 6.0 / Android 4.0.3 or later
- RAM: 1 GB
- HDD: 300 MB
- Description: Ember Strike is primarily a PvP fighter based around action and strategy where players will engage in lightning-fast head-to-head battles where they will need to match different kinds of elements to defeat their opponent.
Articles You May Enjoy
- EVE Online's Lifeblood Expansion Fuels the Galaxy's Fire
- The massive new EVE Online expansion, "Lifeblood" is now free to all the hundreds of thousands of people in the EVE Universe!
- Hazard Ops: New PvP Modes for Closed Beta
- After a successful first two weeks in closed beta, the first update to the brutal third-person shooting game, Hazard Ops is now live. Appropri...
- Eldevin: Patch 1.17 introduces mounts
- Hunted Cow Studios have released Patch 1.17 for Eldevin, their free-to-play 3D MMORPG, bringing mounts to the game for the first time. Eldevin...