Dig or Die
Dig or Die is the brainchild of Gaddy Games developer Nicolas Gadenne. Gadenne wanted a game similar to Terraria or Starbound but that felt more like making a sand-castle as a kid. You build it, the tide comes in and knocks it over, and you start fresh with more knowledge. So that’s what he made.
Dig or Die takes the focus off lengthy digging in the early game and puts you right into the action with base design and defense. Enemies that you encounter will attack your base nightly, leaving you literally fighting for your life. Death is permanent in Dig or Die, so if the critters win, you’ll be forced to start a fresh game, just like the sandcastle on the beach.
Thankfully, you’ve got the help of the handy CRAFT&CO fabricator to assist in the building of walls and turrets to help you survive the fauna of the planet you’re stuck on. And also lasers. Because… well.. lasers! This is sci-fi!
Dig or Die can be played solo, or in multiplayer co-op with friends. Together or alone you’ll cope with real world physics; no sky bridges! You’ll also need to watch for rising water levels during heavy rainfalls, and possibly even flows of volcanic lava. This all combines for a unique 2D sandbox survival experience.
Can you dig it?
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 10, 2018
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Gaddy Games
- Publisher: Gaddy Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP, Visa, 7, 8, 10
- CPU: Intel 2.4Ghz, AMD FX-8350+
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- GPU: 256 MB Video Memory
- HDD: 500 MB Storage
- Description: 2D Sandbox Survival game Dig or Die. Can you dig it?
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shotgun News 10/15: TSW, Rift, Warface, and Much More!
- Daily MMO news with Rift, The Secret World, Warface and others.
- Age of Wushu: Delightful Island and Silver Hook Instance revealed
- The world of Jianghu martial arts heroes continues to expand, as today Snail Games reveals the new mysterious area – the Delightful Island. ...
- Ancestory summoned to Steam Greenlight with trailer premiere
- Ancestory is a 3D, grid-based card game for PC. You play as a mighty shaman who can summon powerful minions and cast mighty spells with a vast...