Dark Eden: Cataclysm
Dark Eden is a free-to-play 2D vampire themed MMORPG developed by Polymould Digital Thailand for PC. It was originally released in 1997, but was re-released in 2016 and is now available for download on Steam.
In Dark Eden players can experience an intense war between three different races: the Vampires, the Slayers, and the Ousters. The game is centered around battling for the birthplace of humanity, Eden, and the power of eternal life that comes along with it.
Vampires and Ousters both use a leveling system, whereas the Slayers use a skill system. Each race also has its own growth system, item configuration, monetary units, and classes to use. Different mounts can become available through different races as well like motorcycles, helicopters, bats, warp tunnels, and more that enable characters to quickly traverse land. Even more interesting is that as time changes between day and night, not only will the scenery change but so will different race’s stats. Vampires will get stronger at night time, whereas Slayers and Ousters will grow stronger during the day. Visibility will even change for different races at the differing times of day as well!
Clans also play a pivotal role in Dark Eden. By joining up with a clan other players you’ll gain allies to not only exchange tips with, but help protect each other from enemy players. Clans will also be useful when the Bible War occurs every two weeks. In Bible Wars players will fight alongside their race members for bibles where the more bibles you can collect the more stats your race will gain until the next Bible War.
Battle for Eden and your race’s rights to eternal life in Dark Eden, but don’t get caught out when and where you shouldn’t be!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Nov 26, 2016
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Polymould Digital Thailand
- Publisher: Polymould Digital Thailand
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
- +Dynamic stat changes based on time of day.
- +Large number of active skills to choose from.
- +Many passive skills to customize gameplay.
- -Rough english dialogue.
- -Dated graphics.
- -Easily hackable.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7
- CPU: 1 Ghz or faster
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Direct X 9.0 compatible or above
- HDD: 4 GB
- Description: Dark Eden is a free-to-play fantasy horror MMORPG where three different races will battle for rights to humanity's birthplace, Eden. With the power of eternal life hanging in the balance you'd better be ready to lay your life on the line!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sudden Attack continues April of Anarchy event
- Nexon has released two new maps, two new guns, and two new female skins as part of their April of Anarchy event in Sudden Attack.
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained Update Makes Balance Changes
- ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED is constantly being updated with new heroes and maps, and this update is no different.
- Neverwinter: Curse of Icewind Dale Gets Release Date
- Neverwinter is launching its latest Module, Curse of Icewind Dale, on May 13, 2014.