Civilization: Beyond Earth
Civilization: Beyond Earth is the sixth installation of Sid Meier’s Civilization series and is available for purchase on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. Unlike previous games in the series, Civilization: Beyond Earth is set in the future where players act as the leader of an expedition into space in search of a new home where the human race may thrive. Players will need to colonize the planet by fending off dangerous creatures, traversing hazardous terrain, and collecting new-found resources. Satellites can be deployed in their own game layer to gain strategic and economic advantages, new technologies can be discovered, units can be customized and much more! Do you have what it takes to help the human race gain a foothold in an uncertain future?
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2014
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Take-Two Interactive
- Publisher: 2K Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Some RPG elements.
- +Sensible, easy controls.
- +New factions and victory conditions.
- -Planets lack diversity.
- -Soundtrack less inspiring than previous installations' soundtracks.
- -Poor AI from Civilization 5 carried over.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows® Vista SP2 / Windows® 7
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: AMD HD5000 series or better (or ATI R9 series for Mantle support), nVidia GT400 series or better, or Intel IvyBridge or better integrated graphics
- HDD: 8 GB
- Description: Civilization: Beyond Earth is the sixth installation of Sid Meier's Civilization series and is available for purchase on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. Unlike previous games in the series, Civilization: Beyond Earth is set in the future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Teppen Review - Capcom vs. Capcom Infinite
- Teppen hasn’t received a lot of press or acknowledgment that I’ve seen, so let’s talk about it for a bit.
- Sweet Science Comes Out Swinging in Block N Load
- This weekend sees another new hero join the full game roster and unleashes a weekend Ablockalypse with a new special game mode.
- MechWarrior Online Review (PC) (2018)
- Who doesn't like to jump into a giant robot strapped with missiles, lasers, and other ballistic weaponry to make other robots explode?