Card Monsters is an upcoming free-to-play mobile TCG being developed by Edgebee for iOS and Android, but it is also currently available in a browser game version on various web-game sites. In Card Monsters players can follow a singleplayer campaign where they will be guided by an already seasoned adventure who gives them helpful hints and tips about their battles on their journey. As you clear the story new quests will become available for you to complete and gain new rewards from.
In battles players will have to manage their hands carefully, choosing to play or hold their cards in whatever manner they think will prove to be the most advantageous. You will start out the battle with 4 cards in your hand: 2 Monster cards and 2 Equipment cards. By placing Monster cards on the battlefield they will get put into play, whereas Equipment cards can only be played on a player’s own Monsters once they are in play. Your opponent will also get to set up their side of the battlefield after you, and then the battle begins! Battles are completely automated and your monsters will get to attack first. The Monsters that you play can be either ranged or melee oriented so you will need to decide what ones to put on the front lines and what ones to put on the back lines to outplay your opponent’s potential moves.
Card Monsters also includes a Duel system where players can pit their decks against AI-controlled decks of other players. If you collect enough points from duels and climb through the rankings to one of the top five positions, then you’ll be rewarded with gold which will prove ever useful in helping you grow even stronger.
With a simple battle system, friendly art style, and numerous strategy options Card Monsters will be easy for anyone to pick up, but still provide rewarding battles in a clean interface!
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Edgebee
- Publisher: Edgebee
- Category: Browser, Mobile
- Genre(s): 3D, Strategy, Casual
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
- +Simple approach.
- +Front and back line differentiation.
- +Simple colorless mana system.
- -Automatic battles are less engaging.
- -Pricey feeling to in-game shop tokens.
- System Requirements not yet known.
- Description: Card Monsters is an upcoming mobile TCG being developed based on the existing browser version of the game where players can collect their own deck of monsters and pit them against other players' decks in a simple, yet fulfilling battle system!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Insidia's Open Beta is now live
- Are you ready for some post-apocalyptic online PVP battles? Well that's what you're getting in the Insidia Open Beta, which is live ...
- ROKH Announces Limited Closed Beta
- ROKH, the adaptive survival game set on Mars, is hosting a limited beta this weekend.
- La Tale Relaunch Festival Is Now Open
- Celebrate 10 years of La Tale with the Relaunch Festival! Players can travel to the City of Elias and to the Festival Relaunch Tower.