Brave Frontier is a free-to-play Japanese mobile RPG developed by A-Lim for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile. In Brave Frontier the land of Grand Gaia is a world ravaged by a war between humans and the Gods that took place many years ago. Four fallen gods had betrayed their fellow gods, engulfing the land in havoc as they sought to conquer every bit of it they could. Through this chaos The Imperial Army of Randall are trying their best to handle the chaos the fallen gods have brought about, but they have not yet been able to push them back.
Players can take on the role of a newfound, unnamed summoner in the world and join The Imperial Army of Randall on a joined quest to put an end to all of the chaos once and for all. The game combines console-style RPG mechanics and the addictive systems of card collecting and fusing to lend itself a unique air of replayability. What’s even more unique about the game is the inclusion of a timing element called Spark which rewards players with extra loot and damage if they can time their units’ attacks to hit their target at the same time. Additionally the Brave Burst system allows units to execute special attacks one their Burst bar is filled.
As expected, card collection is one of the main features of the game. There are over 200 different units to collect consisting of everything from beasts to gods. Earn more cards as your progress through the game’s storyline and complete missions. Upgrade those cards with fusions and evolutions to increase their strength and form a powerful team.
Brave Frontier’s addictive card collection system coupled with its unique combination of mechanics is sure to have you playing for hours on end. Download the game today and form your perfect team of summonable cards!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 13, 2013
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: A-Lim
- Publisher: A-Lim
- Category: Mobile
- Genre(s): 2D, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Huge variety of gameplay options
- +Familiar artwork for JRPG fans
- +Huge playerbase
- -Unabalanced end-game
- -Some pay-to-win features
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Top Ten Oldest MMORPGs
- Many gamers were first introduced to the MMORPG genre by World of Warcraft which was released in 2004.
- Summer Has Arrived in Black Desert Online with the Terrmian Festival Update
- Today PearlAbyss and Kakao Games announced that the Terrmian Festival will be added to Black Desert Online as a free update.