The Battle for Sector 219
The Battle for Sector 219 is a buy-to-play sci-fi card game developed by Large Visible Machine for PC and Mac and is available for purchase on Steam. In Battle for Sector 219 you’ll take command of your own sci-fi army vying for control of the capital city with another rival race. You and your opponent will take turns placing cards on the game board, using them to help you maintain your supply lines and obliterate enemy units. The ultimate goal is to advance towards your opponent’s main base and take it down, but you’ll have to make sure that you’re protecting your own base in the process.
You will notice that this game seems much like a re-implementation of its predecessor The Battle of Hill 218, but it features some improved mechanics and new units for you to master including Drop Squads, Artillery, and Shock Troops. Offline play will also be available so you can get some practice in before taking to online matches and crushing real opponents.
A somewhat interesting characteristic of The Battle for Sector 219 is that it completely lacks collectibles and IAPs of any sort. This is a planned feature of the game, as putting less emphasis on collectibles and IAPs allows for a greater focus on the strategical aspects of the game, however the game does still have Steam Achievements and Trading Cards so that you have something else to work towards obtaining.
If you’re looking for a sci-fi card game that will put your mind to the test and has a rich history, then look no further than The Battle for Sector 219.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jun 02, 2016
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Large Visible Machine
- Publisher: Large Visible Machine
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Steam
- +Easy to learn.
- +Good artwork on cards.
- +Focused on strategy and delivering competitive matches.
- -Lacks a tutorial.
- -Not much variety in decks.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 OR OS X 10.8
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270 / GeForce GTX 660
- HDD: 250 MB
- Description: In Battle for Sector 219 you'll take command of your own sci-fi army vying for control of the capital city with another rival race. You and your opponent will take turns placing cards on the game board, using them to help maintain your supply lines and destroy enemy units.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Trek Online: ST Voyager Actors Introduced in Delta Rising update
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced the addition of three actors from Star Trek: Voyager who will be joining...
- Bless Online's New PVP Mode and Balance Changes Come In This Patch
- Patch 1.2.0 of Bless Online comes to Steam servers today, and it focuses on class balance, in particular to buffing Rangers and Berserkers.
- Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild Now Live
- The time is upon us, Neverwinter adventurers. Module 1: Fury of the Feywild, the new content expansion for Neverwinter, is now live!