At the Gates
At the Gates, by Conifer Games, puts you in the role of a Dark Age lord to try and unify the land after the fall of the Roman Empire. Put your tribes to good use, because they all have their own unique wants and needs. Be wary of your terrain as weather and seasons can play havoc. Use warfare, diplomacy, and savvy trade negotiations to increase your territory and conquer the land.
► Kingdom Management: Every clan under your banner has different skills, different needs, and different desires. It’s up to you to determine how best to use them — and keep them happy with your rule!
► Not Your Average 4X: At the Gates incorporates elements of survival games and rogue-like elements, such as random traits and resource management to elevate its gameplay.
► Seasons Change: Weather and the changing seasons can help you prosper, or prove to be your downfall. It’s up to you to utilize peak strategy to adapt and overcome.
► Watercolor Art: Immerse yourself in a colorful world even as you try to conquer it! From the stark whites of winter to the lush greens of summer, the world feels alive and vibrant.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 23, 2019
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Conifer Games
- Publisher: Conifer Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, Strategy, Simulation
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Steam
- +Unique twist to classic 4X titles
- +Colorful game world
- +Weather and season system
- -Riddled with bugs
- -Unpolished gameplay
- -Infrequent updates
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7; Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8
- CPU: 1.6 Ghz
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: X1950 Pro, 7900 GT
- HDD: 2 GB
- Description: At the Gates, by Conifer Games, puts you in the role of a Dark Age lord to try and unify the land after the fall of the Roman Empire. Put your tribes to good use, because they all have their own unique wants and needs.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hirez Roundup #28: Realm Royale and Nintendo Power
- Realm Royale started out as a Paladins game (which did appeal to me) became its own entity within the Paladins universe. And I love it.
- Dark Eclipse is First-Ever Playstation VR MOBA, Out Now
- Dark Eclipse is the first-ever MOBA for Playstation VR (PSVR) and is available for free in North America and Europe.