Adventure Quest Worlds
Considering it plays directly on your web browser with no need for special plugins or installations, Adventure Quest Worlds is an impressive MMORPG. Compared to Artix’s first hit AdventureQuest, AQ Worlds feels like a much broader package and actually boosts a persistent world where players can interact. The graphic style in AQ Worlds is similar to those found in its predecessor, and while I don’t find them all that impressive, they do carry a certain charm that builds on you. Though it is more in-depth that previous titles, this is still very much a casual game not likely to interest dedicated players for long, unless they are willing to pay for additional content. There are four basic classes but the ability to multi-class gives players many options. The classes are:
Healer – The supportive class of AQWorlds that shines in a group setting though they can also stand on their alone. Their secondary upgrade class is the Acolyte.
Mage – Primary spell casters who have an array of elemental spells at their disposal. Mages can deal heavy damage but rely on mana to do so. Their secondary upgrade class is the Sorcerer
Rogue – Sneaky melee fighters with heavy damage output but low defense and health. Their secondary upgrade class is the Renegade.
Warrior – The primary melee class with powerful attacks, high armor, and plenty of health. Their secondary upgrade class is the Warlord.
All secondary classes are restricted to paying members, as are most of the individual classes that can be purchased such as Paladin, Pirate, Berserker, Beast Warrior, Ninja, Witch, Vampire, and others.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 20, 2008
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Artix Entertainment
- Publisher: Artix Entertainment
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Easy To Pick Up and Play
- +Instant Fast Travel
- +Wealth of Content
- +Engaged Development Team
- -Limited Free-to-Play Access
- Playable in any modern browser.
- Description: Adventure Quest Worlds (or AQ Worlds) is a 2D fantasy browser based MMORPG by the same team behind the original AdventureQuest. AQ Worlds is a much bigger game that boasts real-time combat, a large persistent world, and the ability to interact with thousands of other players!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Facelift for Henir's and Pet System in Elsword
- Kill3rCombo has revealed new updates to Elsword's dungeon Henir's Time & Space and pet system.
- Chambara Now Available on PlayStation 4
- Chambara delivers the nostalgia of classic local multiplayer gameplay for modern gaming consoles.
- WildStar's Carbine Studios Shuts Down
- NCSoft announced today that Carbine Studios, makers of MMORPG WildStar is shutting down.