The Kindred is a 3D creative sandbox game developed by Persistent Studios and is available for purchase on Steam for PC, Mac, and SteamOS. In The Kindred players can lead the Kin towards civilization by building, crafting, and farming their way to prosperity. New lands and resources can be discovered as you explore your way through a procedural world and survive unforgiving heats, frigid winters, and catastrophic diseases. With such varying obstacles you will need to carefully manage your health, construct heaters and air conditioning units, and choose from varying energy-generating methods to ensure the well-being of your people. However, you must not forget the very basics. Animals will need to be hunted, fed, and bred to provide you with an ample supply of food and water will need to be collected to keep you hydrated.
Construct a civilization by yourself or join up with your friends to create a society block by block all for the cause of survival. Either way as long as you can provide your people with an environment where families can flourish and live a comfortable, complete life-cycle then you are doing your job. With so much choice in how you develop your civilization the possibilities are endless in The Kindred.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: Apr 14, 2016
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Persistent Studios
- Publisher: Nkidu Games Inc.
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Adventure, Strategy, Simulation
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Steam
- +Procedurally generated worlds.
- +Entertaining electricity management system.
- +Pleasing voxel aesthetics.
- +Passionate development team.
- -Limited early access features.
- -Somewhat clunky user interface.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 64-Bit, OS X 10.8+, Ubuntu 12.04LTS
- CPU: Quad Core 2.5GHz+
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: GPU with 1GB of VRAM and a Passmark score of 2500
- HDD: 400 MB
- Description: In The Kindred players can lead the Kin towards civilization by building, crafting, and farming their way to prosperity. New lands and resources can be discovered as you explore your way through a procedural world and survive unforgiving climates and catastrophic diseases.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Conquest & Glory: Fast-paced strategy game now available
- The most exciting free to play strategy game has finally arrived! Fight with millions of players from around the world in Conquest & Glory...
- The Lord of the Rings Online previews Update 6's new areas
- Turbine has released new details about the areas coming to The Lord of the Rings Online.