RuneScape: Idle Adventures – Dev Interview
Hyper Hippo, the fun-time developers of the wildly popular capitalism simulator AdVenture Capitalist, and Jagex Games Studio, creators and custodians of RuneScape, the multi-award winning fantasy online adventure RPG celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, today announced a partnership that will see the creation of RuneScape: Idle Adventures. This multi-platform game will deliver a miniature RPG experience unlike any other, one that enables players to enjoy a RuneScape-themed adventure in just a few moments each day – anywhere, anytime.
Now in development at Hyper Hippo’s 25-strong studio in British Columbia, Canada, RuneScape: Idle Adventures is due to arrive this spring on Steam with mobile editions to follow. RuneScape: Idle Adventures marks the first time Jagex has worked with an external development partner to produce a new RuneScape-themed title. In RuneScape: Idle Adventures players take on the role of a magnificent new RuneScape hero who sets out to nurture the world through noble efforts, including nothing less than fishing and growing cabbage. Players can look forward to the joys of RuneScape questing and monster fighting seen through a very different pair of eyes, dealing with beloved characters and mortal enemies alike. The game builds on the magic found in AdVenture Capitalist, where players with little time enjoy the many benefits of playing a game that plays itself.
With RuneScape: Idle Adventures, Hyper Hippo brings its hugely popular game design style to RuneScape’s fantasy world. The team’s most notable title, AdVenture Capitalist – the game that puts the fun in hedge fund, is a long-reigning top game by player count on Steam and is featured regularly on mobile stores with over 10 million downloads to date.
RuneScape: Idle Adventures is heading to PC Steam this spring with mobile and tablet editions to follow. Gamers can follow the latest updates on the game by following @rsidleadv
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Archlord 2 Releases its Most Challenging Update Ever
- Among others, this new update introduces a new dungeon for seasoned adventurers, a world raid boss and new sets of legendary gear.
- Gloria Victis Implements Passive Abilities & Structure Upgrades
- Gloria Victis players can enjoy two important new changes in the game: passive abilities and structure upgrading.
- Rumble KingsRoad’s Winterstone Tournament Offers Exclusive Holiday Rewards
- KingsRoad, the multiplayer action-RPG from Rumble Entertainment, is celebrating the season of snow and ice with the special Winterstone Tourna...