FireFall is a 3D, open world Sci-Fi MMO Shooter with team based gameplay. Set in a persistent world, Firefall takes place 200 years in Earth’s future. Players must stop the Melding and fight for humanity’s survival against the alien armies of The Chosen. With stunning visuals and a great development team behind it, Firefall promises to transform the MMOFPS genre.
Publisher: Red 5 Studios
Graphics: High Quality
Type: MMO FPS
EXP Rate: Medium
PvP: Various modes (currently unavailable)
Filesize: ~15 GB
Pros: +Lead by a proven development team. +A shooter with a persistent world. +Unique graphic style. +Cooperative and competitive gameplay. +Complex class customization. +Detailed crafting.
Cons: -Repetitive dynamic quests. -No sense of objective. -Slightly cartoonish graphics may deter some players.
Firefall is set 200 years in Earth’s future where (and when) humanity is on the brink of annihilation at the hands of an insectoid alien race. Several persistent world MMOFPS games like PlanetSide, Global Agenda, and Tabula Rasa have come and gone but Firefall looks to transform the genre. With a stellar development team whose members include the team lead of World of Warcraft and lead designer of Tribes, Firefall promises high production value and a sleek, original art style. Players will be able to work cooperatively to overcome alien forces, or take part in a variety of competitive multiplayer game modes (currently, PvP is disabled until the team can redesign and rerelease it). Choose from among many specialized battleframes (classes), customize them with specific loadouts that can be swapped on the fly, and then battle forward in dynamically changing content with allies at your side.
Firefall Featured Video
FireFall – Refresher
FireFall – Refresher
Firefall Gameplay Footage
OS: Windows XP (32/64-bit)+
CPU: Dual Core @ 2.2 Ghz (Core 2, Core i3, Pentium Dual Core), Dual Core @ 2.6 Ghz (Athon 64 x2, Athlon II x2, Phenom II x2)
RAM: 4 GB
HDD: 15 GB Free
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 compatible AMD or Nvidia video card with 1GB RAM (AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550 or Nvidia Geforce 8600)
OS: Windows Vista / 7
CPU: Quad Core @ 2.4 Ghz (Core 2 Quad, i5, i7), Quad Core @ 2.8 Ghz (Athlon II X4, Phenom, Phenom II X4)
RAM: 4 GB or more
HDD: 15 GB Free
Graphics Card: AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 or Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
- Red 5 Studios Announces Reorganization Prior to Firefall Launch - Posted on September 16, 2013
10% of staff laid off prior to game launch.
- Firefall Eliminates Player Versus Player Content - Posted on September 13, 2013
Mark Kern, CEO of Red 5 Studios, revealed today that all player-versus-player content in Firefall is being suspended until the development team can make it more appealing.
- Firefall Launches New Battleframe - Posted on August 27, 2013
Red 5 Studios announced today that Firefall’s new Arsenal Battleframe has launched as part of the in-game “Omnicon” event, running Aug. 27-31.
- New Phase for Firefall at Gamescom - Posted on August 20, 2013
Red 5 Studios™ announced today that the next phase for Firefall, the sandbox open-world shooter, will be unveiled at Gamescom, running Aug. 21-25.
- Firefall’s First Open Beta Event Begins Today - Posted on August 9, 2013
Red 5 Studios™ today announced Firefall’s first Open Beta event: Double Crystite Weekend.
Similar games we recommend
- PlanetSide 2 - PlanetSide 2 is a 3d MMOFPS developed by Sony Entertainment Online. Its a direct remake of the original PlanetSide and pits 3 player factions against each other in sprawling open world combat.
- Fallen Earth - Fallen Earth is a 3D sci-fi post apocalyptic themed MMORPG which blends FPS and RPG elements. The game also has an in-depth skill system.