World of the Living Dead Enters Open Beta
World of the Living Dead has officially been launched into open beta. The game uses both Google Maps and US Census data to create a game world based on actual locations.
Players in the game will have to deal with not only zombies, but other survivors, as well as starvation, dehydration, fear, and fatigue. Players will have to struggle in order to survive the bleak landscape, utilizing anything necessary in order to survive. The game features PvP with permadeath, along with item looting from corpses of the fallen. You will also be responsible on how you develop your own survivors, in terms of scavenging, defense, and more.
World of the Living Dead is published by Ballardia.
Survival strategy game World of the Living Dead claws its way into open beta
Dublin, Ireland. March 14, 2012. Brutally difficult indie survival
strategy zombie game World of the Living Dead has broken down the
barricades and officially burst into open beta. A freshly reanimated
Los Angeles County server is only the start of a worldwide
zombocalypse simulation which takes a different approach to the zombie
game. Focusing on survival rather than headshots, WotLD is for the
hardcore gamer who likes to think ten steps ahead.
Trailer and gameplay video: http://youtu.be/CZQQ_r41KeY
Anyone can play now at www.worldofthelivingdead.com
WotLD makes innovative use of Google Maps and US Census data to create
a massive game universe based on real-world locations. Zombie numbers
in each city block react to player activity as they scavenge for
supplies, kill zeds or raid other survivors. Realistic starvation and
dehydration combine with the effects of fear and fatigue to make it
tough to survive in a game where every city block is teeming with
faceless hordes of the living dead.
“World of the Living Dead is dark and unforgiving. It’s designed for
gamers who want a real challenge,” said developer Dave Barton. “The
zombie genre is about difficult moral decisions, about vicious
competition for limited supplies after civilization has collapsed. Do
you feed everyone? Do you sacrifice a bitten survivor? Do you attack a
squad of weaker survivors? WotLD forces players to make these choices
With a unique background story involving a desperate “survival of the
fittest” plan by the shadowy National Emergency Control & Relief
Agency, bonus collectibles, drag and drop inventory management and a
flexible approach to developing skills and managing multiple
characters, WotLD is unlike any other massively-multiplayer zombie
game on the Internet.
World of the Living Dead feature list
- Survival strategy zombie MMO browser game
- Huge game universe, starting with all of Los Angeles County
- Background story based on a drastic plan to save humanity
- Competition for limited resources – locations do not replenish
- Realistic character needs based on fear, fatigue, hunger and thirst
- Hardcore PvP with character permadeath and item looting from corpses
- Establish upgradeable safehouses and claim territory
- Control multiple characters with unique skill development paths
- Real-world weapons and items
- 150+ in-game collectible bonus cards
- Dozens of achievements for surviving, fighting and exploring
- Over 9 million zombies!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Skara The Blade Remains Chosen for Microsoft Ventures Accelerator
- Skara: The Blade Remains announces news that it was chosen for mentoring with Microsoft in its development.
- Albion Online: Summer Alpha Under Way
- After much anticipation Albion Online opened servers for the start of the Summer Alpha today at 12:00pm CEST (06:00am EDT).