World of Tanks Blitz Launches on Android with Cross Platform Gameplay
Wargaming today announced the Android version of World of Tanks Blitz has gone live worldwide. The free-to-play mobile action MMO is now available on Android devices and has been updated alongside iOS version with a host of new content including the British tank line, crew skills, new map and cross platform functionality.
“We are thrilled to release World of Tanks Blitz to Android users and continue to deliver AAA MMOs in the competitive mobile space,” said Andrey Ryabovol, Director of Global Operations at Wargaming. “Since the initial launch on iOS, we have worked to build the Android version based on player feedback and we are extremely happy to provide cross platform play between Android and iOS users.”
In addition to the release, iOS and Android versions of World of Tanks Blitz have received a significant content update, 1.5. British Steel, which brings the British tank line including 10 medium tanks to the fight, the Winter Malinovka map, and newly introduced crew skills.
Since the iOS release in June 2014, World of Tanks Blitz has amassed over 10 million installs worldwide and has seen an average daily use of 60 minutes per user with 20 minute session length. Over the past 6 months, World of Tanks Blitz has received an average score of 4.5 on the App Store and has climbed the ranks in dozens of countries as the top apps on iPad and iPhone.
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE Reveals Poseidon and Ultimate God Pack
- A new god arrives in SMITE, along with the powerful potential to purchase all the pantheon.
- Blacklight Retribution Reveals World's End
- Perfect World Entertainment has revealed details about World's End, a new update for Blacklight: Retribution coming with this week's...
- Planetside 2 - Various bug fixes now available
- The PlanetSide 2 team implemented an onslaught of bug fixes and various updates based largely on community feedback to better the in-game expe...