World Of Battleships Gets Name Change
Wargaming has announced that its upcoming naval MMO, World of Battleships, has been renamed World of Warships.
World of Warships will continue to focus on the same gameplay and combat as before, simply under a new name; it will also be included in the common economic system between World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.
Wargaming CEO Victor Kislyi stated:
“The company is gearing up, and so are its titles. In addition to more accurately reflecting the game’s core essence, World of Warships™ will correspond more closely to the framework of our Wargaming universe.”
World of Warships Gameplay Screenshot
Wargaming Renames World of Battleships to World of Warships
New Title to Better Reflect Wargaming Universe
2nd August 2012 — Wargaming, the award-winning global video game developer and publisher, today announced that its upcoming naval MMO action game, World of Battleships, has been retitled to World of Warships™. All further references to the game and its development will continue under the new title.
“The company is gearing up, and so are its titles,” said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming. “In addition to more accurately reflecting the game’s core essence, World of Warships™ will correspond more closely to the framework of our Wargaming universe.”
While the game has changed its title, the gameplay hasn’t. World of Warships™ will still focus on straightforward naval action gameplay, including accessible controls, historically accurate vessels and combat, as well as a deep and engaging upgrade and customization system.
World of Warships™ will also be included in the Wargaming.net common economic system that will allow players to distribute resources between the three titles.
World of Warships™ is scheduled to set sail in 2013.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mordheim: City of the Damned enters Early Access Phase 4
- Rogue Factor's turned based tactical RPG adaptation of Games Workshop's tabletop game, is receiving another content update for its E...
- Trials of Ascension Shares Housing Construction Update
- Previously, Trials of Ascension utilized a cookie-cutter construction system that, while giving the outward impression of player building and ...
- Space Engineers Sells 250,000 Copies
- Space Engineers announces its quarter of a millionth sale milestone as it forges ahead in alpha testing.